Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky: We had to do Liverpool deal now

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Shelvey has struggled for first team opportunities at Charlton in the last six months but Parkinson denied that had been with a potential move in mind.
    He said: “Not really, no. I actually felt he had lost his way slightly and I just pulled him out of the team.

When we are playing are a certain system obviously he is suited that way.

“It wasn’t that he was losing his way and we were worried about it, he was losing his way and he was only 18.

“He is only a kid and it is very rare for players at that age to play a full season.

“They do have times when they need to be pulled out of the firing line and that is all that happened with Jonjo.”

Someones telling porkies and i know who i believe

Jonjo? The board? No, it couldn't be
    ?????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Yes, you and steve believe uncle. We all know by now!

We'll wait patiently till May 10th for it to be all revealed.

lol
  • Options
    Not Uncle 8-P
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Yes, you and steve believe uncle. We all know by now!

I am bad at waiting patiently. Expect increasingly madder rants from me until the truth is uncovered.

I already believe a pixie involvement in this transfer and possibly Gordon Brown.

Still the rest of you will stay sane and not post utter rubbish and speculation will you?:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]“It protects people’s jobs in and around the training ground and The Valley and it is an important influx of money.

“That’s it, you just move on.”

This is the clincher for me. We have to think of the bigger picture. I would love to have had Shelvey at the club for the future...but we cant afford to say no to the money. Sad state of affairs really.

And jobs around the training ground would be even more secure if we were back in the Championship, which we'd have a better chance of reaching with Jonjo playing.

Perhaps we needed the money to pay the April/May wages, hence we couldn't wait til the end of the season.

I'm as frustrated as everyone else is about the timing, but I'd like to think the board wouldn't have done this unless they absolutely had to - and from what Parky and Murray are saying they couldn't take this risk on this offer not being on the table in 6 weeks time.

I don't doubt that the board had little option. But their hand was forced by Parky's previous actions,

A: by the fact that automatic promotion is now highly unlikely

And more importantly

B: Because Jonjo had had enough of sitting on the bench and getting little action.

For the last 4 -5 months we have played poor football. We have failed miserably to break down fairly average teams at the Valley hence all the costly 1-1 draws. We have desperately needed someone to make the killer pass, or shot from outside the area or free kick. Jonjo was the one player capable of delivering, but Parky refused to play him. Uncle has already said on the other thread that Jonjo would have been happy to stay longer if he was playing. So it's Parky that has caused this situation to happen, not Jonjo and not the board.
    But Parky seems to be taking little responsibility, instead saying that it was the boards choice. He left them with no choice!!

perhaps but don't forget who hired and then rehired the drawmaster...
  • Options
    i think it's safe to say that whether Shelvey was playing or not he would have been sold regardless.
  • Options
    well not according to his Uncle, and I think the debate is over timing and price mainly
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]

I am bad at waiting patiently. Expect increasingly madder rants from me until the truth is uncovered.

I already believe a pixie involvement in this transfer and possibly Gordon Brown.

Still the rest of you will stay sane and not post utter rubbish and speculation will you?:-)
    RMG - the pixies are back?? And they're in league with Gordon Brown???!! OH NO!!!!!
    Len Glover, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to cancel our deal, as this changes everything!!!!! WE'RE DOOMED! DOOMED I TELL YOU!!!!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    reading between the lines i think selling Shelvey was necessary to keep us out of administration. is the timing of this and the fact that it's the end of the tax year purely a coincidence? i think not ; i think we needed to balance the books fast so we sold the only asset we knew could sell quicky.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]i think it's safe to say that whether Shelvey was playing or not he would have been sold regardless.

I agree with this.
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]reading between the lines i think selling Shelvey was necessary to keep us out of administration. is the timing of this and the fact that it's the end of the tax year purely a coincidence? i think not ; i think we needed to balance the books fast so we sold the only asset we knew could sell quicky.

I think the CAFC financial year is July to June.

From what is being said it was a case of the money being on the table now but with no guarentee that is would be in 6 weeks time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]reading between the lines i think selling Shelvey was necessary to keep us out of administration. is the timing of this and the fact that it's the end of the tax year purely a coincidence? i think not ; i think we needed to balance the books fast so we sold the only asset we knew could sell quicky.

Pure conjecture and almost certainly wrong
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I don't think Ralph Milne's Gut's posts could get any madder than they already are- what with his Pixie Ocd!
  • Options
    Harry Gregory:
    The reason why good people at the club have lost their jobs and will continue to do so is because the coaches and players past and present have not done their jobs very well for the last four seasons.

****************************************************************************

Agreed, plus throw in the 2 years of madness when the directors gave the following seasons cash to that idiot Dowie, hung Les Reed out to dry and then let Pardew's ego and YouTube skills go nuts.

Bar that, its been great.

Can't we bring Marcus Bent back??
  • Options
    We might all disagree on the why but i think everyone agrees that it probably did have to be done.

Hopefully means we don't have to rip apart the team if we don't go up.
  • Options
    Over the last 12 months i'd give the club a 10 out of 10 for effort.

The board invested 7 mill to keep us afloat and backed Parky with loan signings when he needed them.

As for Parky I don't think anyone could question his effort. I also think the first team is a reflection of his personality, hardworking, safe, regiment works to a plan, but lacking in a creative spark.

If Parky was a better manager then he would be employed at a higher level. At the moment he fits us perfectly.

The debate on whether we would have increased Shelveys transfer value and earned more points is simply that a debate.

As it is the sale of Shelvey does not weaken the first team going into the playoffs as he barely had any playing time. And for that we should be grateful. Sorry but Shelvey is the past and the playoffs are the future. Time to move on and close this thread.
  • Options
    Hear hear! Very well reasoned comment, johnny73...
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ChrisWhytesBaldhead[/cite]

Hopefully means we don't have to rip apart the team if we don't go up.

I hate to say it, but I fear we would still have to.

An awful lot riding on these play-offs...

And I also agree with Johnny73's post. We really can't point fingers at anyone for not trying.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]Over the last 12 months i'd give the club a 10 out of 10 for effort.

The board invested 7 mill to keep us afloat and backed Parky with loan signings when he needed them.

As for Parky I don't think anyone could question his effort. I also think the first team is a reflection of his personality, hardworking, safe, regiment works to a plan, but lacking in a creative spark.

If Parky was a better manager then he would be employed at a higher level. At the moment he fits us perfectly.

The debate on whether we would have increased Shelveys transfer value and earned more points is simply that a debate.

As it is the sale of Shelvey does not weaken the first team going into the playoffs as he barely had any playing time. And for that we should be grateful. Sorry but Shelvey is the past and the playoffs are the future. Time to move on and close this thread.
    Nice summing up.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    If I were to write :

Rangers will always be superior to Celtic because they are the Queen's eleven
    Gordon Brown is a fiddler of the highest order
    Immigration is a problem in the UK

Then the thread will get sunk very quickly!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]Over the last 12 months i'd give the club a 10 out of 10 for effort.

I think that statement is by parky has just told any club that wants any of our players, just come and offer we need the money. WSS are you in the lib saturday i'll have a word with you then. He might have pulled him out the team because he lost his way ....But i take it he means himself and not jonjo because if he's truthful thats what he will say and not put the blame on someone else. Parky you lost your way and didn't know how to manage your players if you read this site and i know you do then admit the bloody truth and stop lying to make yourself look better
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You never win nothing with kids...

Get rid of him now...

10p off sauasages this week, buy my luvverly sausages...
  • Options
    i was under the impression the takeover was back on, so how does this sale sit with the potiential purchasers?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i was under the impression the takeover was back on, so how does this sale sit with the potiential purchasers?

Oh Christ, not another "Takeover" thread rumbling through the summer - I couldn't take it!
  • Options
    Surely until the transfer window opens Shelvey is still our player?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]Surely until the transfer window opens Shelvey is still our player?[/quote]

OS said today that, "Jonjo had already left the club"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i was under the impression the takeover was back on, so how does this sale sit with the potiential purchasers?

Oh Christ, not another "Takeover" thread rumbling through the summer - I couldn't take it!

LOL thats what i said ive had my hopes raised twice and i aint going to be drawn in no more.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]Over the last 12 months i'd give the club a 10 out of 10 for effort.

As it is the sale of Shelvey does not weaken the first team going into the playoffs as he barely had any playing time. [/quote]

Very good post, Johnny.
  • Options
    Big shame if he has gone already and don't get to give him a farewell on Saturday, surely they could have done the deal and waited till after the playoffs, I know he wasn't in parkys plans but say were 1 nil down at wembley 15 to go, shelvey would be a cert to come on, well in my eyes parky would probably bring on lera to sure things up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]surely they could have done the deal and waited till after the playoffs
    Simply couldn't risk him getting injured - that's the situation we are in, we can't risk no getting that money.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]but say were 1 nil down at wembley 15 to go, shelvey would be a cert to come on, well in my eyes parky would probably bring on lera to sure things up.[/quote]

It's called "damage limitation", Adam .......far better to ensure that we only lose 1-0, rather than risk going for an equaliser and conceding a second goal.

;o)