Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Bradford fire - 25 years ago.

Ten days to go before the 25th Anniversary, horrific scenes on football focus today.

Comments

• Options
    Hard to believe that was 25 years ago, can still see the stand on fire in my minds eye. Hope nothing like that ever happens again. Heysel was soon after too
  • Options
    was this the day we were at man city away and there was 48k there and they walloped us 5-0 or 5-1 ?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00s517j/Archive_on_4_The_Bradford_Fire_A_Day_That_Will_Live_With_Me_Forever/

Documentary about this earlier on this evening which I shall listen to on i player
  • Options
    Sorry about the link being down the page. Can't seem to get it higher up for some reason.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]was this the day we were at man city away and there was 48k there and they walloped us 5-0 or 5-1 ?

If it was I was at Welling. Terrible scenes still very vivid in my memory.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Charlton were at Man City losing 5-1, a bunch of us were round a mates house because the game was covered on the radio which was a novelty in those days. After our game finished, unaware anything had happened, we put the telly on and the first thing we saw was the live coverage from Bradford. A pretty sobering moment.
  • Options
    A truly awful day. Puts things in perspective.
  • Options
    ah so it was that day, i remember being on the coach on the trip back and half hearing reports and thinking oh a fire it can't be that serious surely they'd all be on the pitch easily enough , not realising the severity of the tragedy .. absolute nightmare
  • Options
    The 25th Anniversary marked in a very dignified manner too.
  • Options
    I was at the Man City game remember listening to the reports of what had happened on 909 while we were driving, a terible thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i was in belgium on a football tour remeber seeing it on tv horrific, so so sad
  • Options
    25 years ago today.

Of the 56 victims, 25 were aged 60 or over, 11 were aged 16 or under.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Am i right in saying they still dont really know what caused the fire?? I was sure i herd that on the news this morning but i could of herd wrong.