Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Euell

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
What sort of reception do you reckon he will get ?

Comments

• Options
    He should get an ok one, but i reckon he wont.
  • Options
    Mixed. I'll clap him but he was so bad towards the end of his time with us i doubt anyone will really care about him to be honest. He's not someone you can hate is he?
  • Options
    Personally I'll give a round of applause. Did well for us and was badly turned over by Curbishley.
  • Options
    Deserves a warm round of applause and will get one from me. Was our top scorer for at least two seasons, which helped us stay in the Premiership.

Had an awful personal tragedy to deal with and was never quite the same after that in my opinion.
  • Options
    I will clap him he did his bit unlike some
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Deserves a warm round of applause and will get one from me. Was our top scorer for at least two seasons, which helped us stay in the Premiership.

Had an awful personal tragedy to deal with and was never quite the same after that in my opinion.

yeah your right re his personal life, alot of people forget this. I will gauge the reaction and go with that!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Top player when at Charlton and his goals kept us in the PL and gave us the platform to go from strength strength.

Thought Curbs treated him appallingly over that Man Utd mistake and you can't blame him to a certain extent for his reaction.
  • Options
    I think that it was more to do with his sending off against Man U and subsquent fall out with Curbishley.
  • Options
    Doesn't matter Curbs treated him terribly IMHO
  • Options
    its one thing saying Curbs treated him terribly, none of us realy know WHY Curbs treated him so badly. Perhaps he was bang out of order laying into the boss in front of others, perhaps he turned into a pain in the arris on the training ground, perhaps he just sulked in training all the time, none of us really know
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ummmm - well, actually, I can tell you that he had a massive dust up with Curbishley on the training field after he questioned his training methods infront of the rest of the team, which obviously didn't go down well with Mr C....and it went downhill from there.

That said, I shall applaud him tomorrow as a) on the whole he was a great player for us and b) I used to work with his missus.....

CC
  • Options
    First name my boy ever had on a football shirt, I shall be giving him a clap, for sure.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Had an awful personal tragedy to deal with and was never quite the same after that in my opinion.
    That was in his first year with us wasn't it though?

And he had three years of benig top scorer for us (10 goals each season I think).
  • Options
    Good reception from me by the way.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]its one thing saying Curbs treated him terribly, none of us realy know WHY Curbs treated him so badly. Perhaps he was bang out of order laying into the boss in front of others, perhaps he turned into a pain in the arris on the training ground, perhaps he just sulked in training all the time, none of us really know[/quote]

Very true but we'll never know. If it was that bad he should have sold him straight away and not make the geezer rot and lose Charlton money on him because at the time I am sure we would have been able to get a couple of million for him.

I take your point though
  • Options
    Yes, I think Curbs is in the Ferguson School - my way or the highway..
  • Options
    Top scorer for 3 seasons. He will definitely get applause from me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Ummmm - well, actually, I can tell you that he had a massive dust up with Curbishley on the training field after he questioned his training methods infront of the rest of the team, which obviously didn't go down well with Mr C....and it went downhill from there.

That said, I shall applaud him tomorrow as a) on the whole he was a great player for us and b) I used to work with his missus.....

CC

My view is that Curbishley put his own petty feud with Euell before the good of the club by a) refusing to play him and b) refusing to sell him. We had one of our highest paid players sitting in the reserves doing naff all.
  • Options
    Worth a polite round of applause from me.
  • Options
    Argument with Curbs or not, Have you all forgotten how he publicly refused to play for us, strolling around with his hands in his pockets(if shorts had pockets) not showing any desire to play!!!
    Strong abuse from me!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Given that one of the only serious bids to come in was from Palace in the january window and that he might have helped them clock up an extra point or two to stay up I'm glad he stayed!