Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Join my Protest on Saturday....

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
I think its about time we started to protest about the way our team have been under performing. So on saturday, join me by standing up (sometimes) and shouting "come on you reds" or "Red Army -several times" every time the team begins to play poorly. And now and again, hit them with Valley Floyd Road -really shout this one out loud to really get our point over. If you dont want to stand up, thats fine, but you could always clap or even stamp your feet as you shout. But be careful, as you could disrupt your leg blanket or worse, knock over the thermos flask.

Should Charlton score a goal we should all jump up and down waving our arms in the air - kissing the person next to you is again optional but strongly encouraged. This will show them how passionate we are about our club (but please dont get too carried away).

I have already organised a marching band to turn up to this protest - well not quite a marching band but a band that s stationary. Thats it, a stationary band - well not quite a band but a drummer and a trumpet player in the covered end that will play protest songs like; the great escape, See Hay Eff See and even the muppets theme song.

Please let me know if you can attend this protest so that I can let the local caterers and hosteries know how many to expect.

Forward and upward!

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2007
    I will ask if the band can play Agadoo!
  • Options
    would wearing gloves and scarf also be allowed as a sign of protest, or even a blanket?
  • Options
    Why dont we stand up like all the away fans do?
  • Options
    Razil - that's a great idea. We should all wear red scarfs, hats (but definitely no gloves) or even a Charlton football shirt!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Fantastic protest Solid !

As the players have been playing like vegetarians i am going to have a protest steak and kidney pie during the game as well !
  • Options
    I am gonna have a protest Pint at Half Time.
  • Options
    Ah, red might be a problem as I am told by Riscardo on frequent occasions that Red and Green should never be seen, and my parker is Green.

What should I do?
  • Options
    And as its Kish's 200th appearance , I'm going to be scurrying round the pub annoying the fuck out of everyone
  • Options
    My one serious gripe at the board is the failure to sort out the catering, bottled beer etc. losing them money and making life in the East stand harder than it need be..
  • Options
    Razil - We could always protest that red and green should always be seen unless a colour is in between...!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Regarding VFR, can we try just singing it, preferrably a good few times, rather than just once through and then giving ourselves a good clap. Grrrr
  • Options
    Where is Riscardo when you need him??
  • Options
    i thought it was blue and green should never be seen
  • Options
    I am the wrong person to 'ask'..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy_andy[/cite]Regarding VFR, can we try just singing it, preferrably a good few times, rather than just once through and then giving ourselves a good clap. Grrrr

or what tends to happen is one part of the c/end start it off then another part join in the 2nd valley floyd bit thinking it's the 1st bit so whilst they are singing the 2nd bit the others are applauding themselves only to finish clappin to hear the late starters applauding themselves.
    if you get what i mean.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i thought it was blue and green should never be seen

Ok - red, green blue .......but plenty of red with Steak and Kidney pies and beer shirts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]My one serious gripe at the board is the failure to sort out the catering, bottled beer etc. losing them money and making life in the East stand harder than it need be..

I believe I read a quote somewhere from Henry that the bottled beer would be on sale this month. Think it might have been in his "6 month review".
  • Options
    In fact, just found the quote:

"I’ve joined the Safety Advisory Group which means that issues such as smoking, standing, bottled beer (something we’ll be seeing this month) and other issues have a fan’s input for the first time in a few years."
  • Options
    yes but will it be decent beer, ale? or some shiite...?
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    It'll be whatever cat's piss they can get cheap in plastic bottles.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]....my parker is Green.

What should I do?

buy a blue biro...sorted
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]And as its Kish's 200th appearance , I'm going to be scurrying round the pub annoying the fuck out of everyone

Have you been celebrating each of his previous appearances then? ;-)
  • Options
    Perhaps Len could go on the pitch & present him with some sort of award & introduce himself as his biggest Fan ?