Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cov sack Coleman

taking them to 19th in the league.

Comments

• Options
    they wernt going anywhere with him, he had long enough
  • Options
    Looked alright with Fulham, since then he failed with Zaragoza and did nothing with Coventry, destined for lower league management now.
  • Options
    he was on our wish list many moons ago as a replacement for sir alan wasn't he?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Looked alright with Fulham, since then he failed with Zaragoza and did nothing with Coventry, destined for lower league management now.

I think Zaragoza was politics wasn't it. But done nothing with Coventry
  • Options
    Palace? More likley mk dons as there looking for a new boss.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Looked alright with Fulham, since then he failed with Zaragoza and did nothing with Coventry, destined for lower league management now.

I think Zaragoza was politics wasn't it. But done nothing with Coventry

It was Real Sociedad he managed in Spain. Left citing differences with the Chairman. During his spell there, he failed to turn up for training one morning, claiming his washing machine had flooded his apartment. Unfortunately he had been spotted having it large in a local nightclub til about 6 in the morning!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Looked alright with Fulham, since then he failed with Zaragoza and did nothing with Coventry, destined for lower league management now.[/quote]

I think Zaragoza was politics wasn't it. But done nothing with Coventry[/quote]

It was Real Sociedad he managed in Spain. Left citing differences with the Chairman. During his spell there, he failed to turn up for training one morning, claiming his washing machine had flooded his apartment. Unfortunately he had been spotted having it large in a local nightclub til about 6 in the morning![/quote]

he couldve just claimed that he was adapting to spanish time keeping
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]he couldve just claimed that he was adapting to spanish time keeping

Wouldn't of been far wrong either! When I lived over there last year it wasn't uncommon to bump into your lecturer in a bar/club about 4 hours before you were supposed to be bumping into them in uni! Blissful awkwardness!
  • Options
    Did a fine job at Fulham but this is no surprise today. Coventry have too many average Champ players to be seriously challenging for the play offs and probably suffered from selling their top scorer Leon Best when it looked as though they could be in the top10. Wish Coleman good luck as personally think he is a decent manager, not sure who Cov will want as their new manager- Curbs name will be mentioned but can't see it.
  • Options
    got dowie written all over it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]got dowie written all over it

He's already been sacked by Cov, just before Coleman got there, don't think they will having him back.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]got dowie written all over it[/quote]

He's already been sacked by Cov, just before Coleman got there, don't think they will having him back.[/quote]

yes, but he's improved massively since then!
  • Options
    Always remember Coleman being touted as a replacement for Curbs back in 2004 when they thought curbs was leaving for Liverpool.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]Always remember Coleman being touted as a replacement for Curbs back in 2004 when they thought curbs was leaving for Liverpool.

Strange interview with the Coventry Chairman, states that when Coleman arrived they had a dire woeful squad and he has now turned it around, he was a good manager. Gave no negatives or reason why having turneed the playing staff round he was now being sacked.
  • Options
    I recall Coventry being a day or two from going under not so long ago so perhaps he was on a tighter budget than other managers in that Leaque.