Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

'THE VALLEY PARTY' TWENTY YEARS ON - PART 2 - THE COUNCIL (Simon Oelman interview)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lets just be clear that 'a load of Charlton' didn't "have a go at him". One guy called Andy, whose surname I forget, took a foto of him, and Oelman attacked him. Andy was one of the most mild mannered people you could meet, the only "load of Charlton' he was associated with was a Reminiscence class for older supporters.
    I think we can agree that there were quite a few Charlton supporters in the Town hall and I said if a group decided to come after him it would have been a problem. As far as I can remember we left the Town hall and crossed the road and started to walk up the hill. This guy with a camera started to follow us on the other side of the road. I went over to him and said it might not be a good idea to approach at this moment. At this point four police who had been standing outside the entrance to the Town hall grabbed Simon who by this time was on his way across the road. I followed the police around to the station and made the mistake of asking the sargeant what was going to happen and got a left hook form him. Anyway we went to the station and I spoke with the sargeant again who said that there were not going to be any charges. By the time I left there was a fair few charlton outside the station.
  • Options
    Well it looks like you perhaps discovered that plod wanted his local football team back too.
    But it all worked out in the end, Simon's interview which sparked this thread was very gracious, and you can go to a full Valley this afternoon.
  • Options
    very true
  • Options
    For me, just the radio commentary, and then , I've agreed to sit through "The Iron Lady" tonight. You wouldn't wish that on me, would you? :-)))
  • Options
    Good luck
  • Options
    For me, just the radio commentary, and then , I've agreed to sit through "The Iron Lady" tonight. You wouldn't wish that on me, would you? :-)))
    to make it easier for you, Richard, the sound on "the Iron Lady" was done by Dan Hambrook, a Charlton fan.

• Options
    to make it easier for you, Richard, the sound on "the Iron Lady" was done by Dan Hambrook, a Charlton fan.

Ha, that helps a bit, thanks Henry.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Excellent thread. Cause of what happened back then I will never trust Greenwich council ever again regardless who is in charge. I know they sponsor the odd game every season, but I can never forgive them at the time for trying to kill our football club.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Original link to Part 1 not working. This should do it:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/34203
  • Options
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bump