Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hartlepool hit with 3 point deduction

Charges are being brought against the club by the Football Association after they fielded Gary Liddle whilst he was suspended for accruing 10 yellow cards.

The midfielder featured in the 2-0 win over Brighton in April when he should have been serving the first game of a two-match ban.

The club has 28 days to appeal.

Comments

• Options
    How does this effect their league position i thought they were pretty safe?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]How does this effect their league position i thought they were pretty safe?

Puts them 1 point above the drop, away to Brentford on Sat, I think.
  • Options
    that is shocking. Sunday league stuff.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Jeff Stelling won't be happy about that! How can a club not know a player is suspended?

If only Leeds had done the same!

Hartlepool will be safe unless Exeter and Tranmere both win. Or if Exeter draw and Hartlepool lose 6-0.
  • Options
    3pts deduction for fielding an ineligible player? Shame the PL didn't do the same to West Ham ........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]3pts deduction for fielding an ineligible player? Shame the PL didn't do the same to West Ham ........

for every game he played in...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Jeff Stelling won't be happy about that!

He'll add it to his statistics of points thrown away from winning positions
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]3pts deduction for fielding an ineligible player? Shame the PL didn't do the same to West Ham ........

Silly idea. Don't you know West Ham have different rules? And that points deduction could've relegated them. ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Jeff Stelling won't be happy about that! How can a club not know a player is suspended?

If only Leeds had done the same!

and millwall also then we would be in prime position ;o) god damn it!
  • Options

Naaaah ... can't be done, West Ham won the World Cup, didn't you know? ;-)
  • Options

Pity we would have gone down anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very harsh, I bet they go down now on the back of this. Give Exeter another reason to beat Huddersfield anyway.