Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlsberg Advert.

The first few times I saw the latest Carlsberg advert I thought it was a bit OTT. But it is really growing on me. I really like the last bit when you see Bobby Moore at the top of the tunnel, in his 1966 World Cup shirt, turning away as if he is leading out the current team for this World Cup.

Comments

• Options
    I love the "Do it for Bobby"
  • Options
    "Tubes....!"
    (for CWLC).
  • Options
    Awful, awful beer.
    Excellent advert though.

Still won't be drinking the gassy fart juice, however it's packaged as being for England.
  • Options
    A very good advert , sends a tingle down the spine .
  • Options
    Just noticed the dart hitting Maradonna's hand!
  • Options
    is that Jeff Stelling with the red cross painted on his front ?

cracking advert
  • Options
    Yeh it is good old jeff, I also had the buzz when seeing Bobby Moore great advert makes you proud to be English. Stuart peace England manager maybe a sign for the future.
  • Options
    great advert, love the guest appearances from Phil Taylor, Carl Fogarty et al.

However I'm fairly certain that's filmed at the Toolbox, the tunnel looks very similar. At least, I suppose unlike the Kit Kat one they didn't make it all about those tossers :p
  • Options
    You know what? I echo Marco's comment. The 'brewed under license' shit we get masquerading as 'Carlsberg' here is dreadful.

But I'll tell you something - that advert is so f***ing good I can forgive them for it. No matter how little I feel for the current crop of tosspots in England shirts... no matter how much I know England will be out in the quarters again.. no matter how much I'm going to despise seeing Skinner and Baddiel talking utter bollocks about the tournament for days on end... I know that I'll still be there believing again as we squeak past the yanks, demolish the Algerians and yawn it out against Slovenia... then beat Serbia before going out to Argenpoxytina :(

Jesus H Christ I hope Spain don't play England during the tournament - I won't know what to do with myself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haha great post Leroy!

As for the last line - I imagine I will spend the majority of the game admiring the doble pivote through my fingers
  • Options
    Brilliant...thanks for posting that....
  • Options
    its a qualith advert!
    xD at when tubes pops out
  • Options
    Hate the lager,probably the worst in the world, love the ad, almost well up with the "do it for Bobby" and Bobby Moore at the top of the tunnel scenes..awesome ad.
  • Options
    great Ad
  • Options
    no, don't like it.

Everything I dislike about the build up to World cups. The OTT patriotism, the dragging in off outsiders nothing to do with football (Clive Woodward FFS) and what's it actually about?

Oh yeah selling some beer.

Did like the "do it for Bobby" bit but the rest just annoyed me.
  • Options
    The Nigerian ad is much better (see Club or Country thread)

"Drink Star. It ..... will MAKE you win!"