Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton club shop sale and free scarfs

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Maybe the club should give away free scarfs and turn the valley into complete red and white, have done this at Newcastle and looks great.
Besides i lost my silk scarf years ago and will not pay £8 for a new one.

Comments

• Options
    Totally agree but cant see the tight bastards falling for that 1
  • Options
    they have spent millions already on lost causes, will get the fans back on board and create an atmosphere.
  • Options
    Serious Question. If someone can do a costing and make a business case we could look at it as part of Valley Flags.
    £1 per flag x 20,000 would bankupt the VF campaign but if we could get the scarfs sponsored then maybe.
  • Options
    Have to admit the Kop looks awesome when they're holding their scarves up....
  • Options
    Can't we spend it on a few smoke flares, megaphone, and exporting some Italian/French ultras style noise?
  • Options
    let's be serious,health & safety issues here, bring on the scarfs. Would look really cool.
  • Options
    I was messing!

*gets on plane to any top league ground in Europe, to stand and have a laugh*

I suppose it's more to do with the way in England your a consumer, and in Europe you're a supporter

Can't do this in England or this or even this
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Serious Question. If someone can do a costing and make a business case we could look at it as part of Valley Flags.
    £1 per flag x 20,000 would bankupt the VF campaign but if we could get the scarfs sponsored then maybe.

Yeah Henry, that's right. One of us should come up with the whole shooting match and present it to the club - after all why would they want to look into it themselves? Maybe we could get someone who is used to looking at businesses and getting the best out of them to do it - a business coach perhaps. You know anyone who fits that bill?

Here's an idea. Maybe we could offer the supporters the "opportunity" to buy their own scarfs. Then we could have a whip round and get a statue of Sam Bartram built whilst we're at it too.

Tell you what the best idea is though. Maybe we could get our pish poor players to sponsor it? After all £20k would probably only represent about 1% of their collective monthly pay.

It would be a nice gesture from them to us, which is why of course it would never happen. Their either all out night-clubbing, mixing with criminals or tucked up in their luxury pads as I type this to give a flying fuck about anyone but themselves. Parasites.
  • Options
    but you can do this!

duno if the link will work never dun 1 b4!
    crackin idea with the scarfs tho! could do with a new one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urAdwVCdyGk
  • Options
    it did work!!!!!

amazing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Serious Question. If someone can do a costing and make a business case we could look at it as part of Valley Flags.

Yeah Henry, that's right. One of us should come up with the whole shooting match and present it to the club - after all why would they want to look into it themselves? Maybe we could get someone who is used to looking at businesses and getting the best out of them to do it - a business coach perhaps. You know anyone who fits that bill?

Here's an idea. Maybe we could offer the supporters the "opportunity" to buy their own scarfs. Then we could have a whip round and get a statue of Sam Bartram built whilst we're at it too.

Tell you what the best idea is though. Maybe we could get our pish poor players to sponsor it? After all £20k would probably only represent about 1% of their collective monthly pay.

It would be a nice gesture from them to us, which is why of course it would never happen. Their either all out night-clubbing, mixing with criminals or tucked up in their luxury pads as I type this to give a flying fuck about anyone but themselves. Parasites.

LOL OK, OK, Off It point taken but all I was trying to say was that it would be useful to get some help and ideas on how to make suggestions a reality and pay for them as well as just the suggestions on what to do.

Yes, that's what I do for a living, in my job, for my livelihood so it takes up most of my time. Bit of help is always appreciated and two, three or 300 heads are better than one. And yes the response from the club is likely to be "if they want scarves so badly why don't they just pay for them." so whoever asks the questions needs to have a counter-arguement ready.

Getting the players to pay from them would be great but as you say it may be difficult but seriously we could ask.

Cheers

Ben

PS Not sure Valley Flag could afford my day rates anyway :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Ben

if you have a contact number for JFH I'll gladly ring him and persuade him that it's a good idea.
  • Options
    Just spoke with a newcastle fan and was told that Alan Sheerer paid for them from his testimonial pay day. Cool idea or what.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Just spoke with a newcastle fan and was told that Alan Sheerer paid for them from his testimonial pay day. Cool idea or what.
    Hmm, doesn't Kevin Lisbie have a testimonial due soon?
  • Options
    That'll get us about 3 scarves then! ;o)