Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Junior Apprentice - Wednesdays at 9pm BBC1

edited May 2010 in Not Sports Related
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00sf35c

The candidates
Lord Sugar is on the search for his first ever Junior Apprentice. From over 28,000 applicants, 10 candidates compete for a tailor-made fund worth 25,000 pounds to kick-start a career in business. Most of these tycoons of tomorrow are still at school, but all have a burning passion to succeed in business. Some run their own companies full time; others have dabbled in business; some run a market stall, some sell online.

Over the next six weeks, they'll battle it out through a series of tailor-made business tasks. In the first boardroom, Lord Sugar explains to these 16 and 17 year olds that he's not looking for the finished package but he wants to see that 'killer instinct' that you need for business.

After a chance to get to know one another - and suss out the competition - the young candidates get to see their new home, a luxury terraced house in one of London's smartest neighbourhoods, and must choose their team name and project managers. The following morning they have an appointment at Lord Sugar's old school where the teens are set their first business task - to sell 500 pounds worth of 23 different varieties of cheese at busy London market stalls.

Under the watchful eyes of Lord Sugar's aides Nick Hewer and Karren Brady, the teams must select a market to trade from, identify and price their 23 cheeses and get selling. With ten candidates all trying to prove themselves, it's not long before tempers flare and chaos ensues.

At the end of the task, the winning team get a treat while the losers battle it out in the boardroom. For one of these teens, it's the end of the road and time for Lord Sugar to utter his infamous last words: You're Fired!

Comments

• Options
    Semi-final tonight, then final tomorrow.

Not that i care who wins, i just find stuck-up teenagers acting like adults extremely amusing.
  • Options
    That Zoe girl was a few years below me at school
    and her mum was my art teacher. Hated both of em!
  • Options
    I would say the little Asian lad has to be favorite. Seems quite a smart cookie to me
  • Options
    Zoe should win, she may act like a bitch but lets face it most of the most successful business entrepreneurs are!
  • Options
    Pretty sure i could do alot better than most of them, might have to apply for next year :P
  • Options
    olly, which school was that?
  • Options
    Im tipin the asian kid to win, you can tell when 'Lord Sugar' has a soft spot for someone.
  • Options
    i think the cranky or the tall boy wil win
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]olly, which school was that?
    St Dunstan's College, Catford
  • Options
    ta
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That Zoe will win it definitely.

I like watching it but how annoying are those kids.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]That Zoe girl was a few years below me at school
    She's an awful twunt. Seems to be confused between art teacher and artists, too.

Those who can't...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]Im tipin the asian kid to win, you can tell when 'Lord Sugar' has a soft spot for someone.
    He hates an academic. If you look at the folk who've won the main show none of them were the sharpest. Maybe it's different because he won't be working with them this time, but I don't think he likes snot nosed academics.

Still I think that kid's the best of the bunch.
  • Options
    Zoe lives in Penge. One of my sons was at a party with her a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options
    Surely the asian boy will win, if only because the other guy is a fully grown adult and not fit to participate in JUNIOR apprentice.
  • Options
    Pleased that Zoe lost the task, possibly most irritating candidate of all the Apprentice series (including adult ones). Unbelievably stuck up and incredibly annoying.

Arjan will win and probably deservadly so.
  • Options
    Cheerio Zoe you awful trollop with your shambling walk and incredible pretentious behaviour
    yay Asian Harry Potter wins. Good choice for a change
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Pleased that Zoe lost the task, possibly most irritating candidate of all the Apprentice series (including adult ones). Unbelievably stuck up and incredibly annoying.

Arjan will win and probably deservadly so.

On the James Corden and Davina McCall threads people say that this is the price of fame - there'll always be someone out there to spout some absolute bile about you. I don't think 'Zoe from Penge' could be described as famous, but that can't stop some.

I can see why she's annoying, but I think she was so over-the-top it was funny.

Fair play to the Arjan chap. Thought he was the best of the lot of them, so nice to see him win.