Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Boro comments

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
JFH

Comments

• Options
    Against his old team...
  • Options
    One all........ 90 secs left of first half......... come on Pards HT team talk....
  • Options
    1-2 to Boro...
  • Options
  • Options
    bugger!!
  • Options
    1-3...
  • Options
    bugger and bugger again""
  • Options
    Get Thomas on..
  • Options
    3-1 relegated.....
  • Options
    and bang goes any hope of getting anyonr half decent into the team to replace the likes of Borat & Diawara
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i think realistically we should now be looking at young players for next season and the re-building project
  • Options
    i also wonder if this result signals the end for Darren Bent - cash in to a team prepared to pay over the odds to keep their season alive
  • Options
    Just looking at the stats on the bbc, it looks like we had more posession, and about the same number of shots on target. We just need a little bit more quality. I know the stats dont tell the whole story, but looks like a few errors have cost us again and the scoreline flatters boro. Maybe a couple of new players in will freshen things up. a couple of good results in a row and we're in the mix with wigan sheffield and wham. We aint down yet.
  • Options
    Probably does signal the end for Dazza.... and realistically we need to completely change the whole squad.... the rot is thick and deep... these people need to go.... for them and for us... there was nothing to support them and opening them up to all this positive psychology that Dowie brought in has simply nailed us from day 1 theve gone completely the other way ... its been a disaster... and the results would have really given us the chance to push up today...

Depressed...

I met a photographer doing a job for the firm i was working for about three years ago and he was convinced that we were a side i decline and was talking about how we had peaked... and I put him done as a negative whatever, and he was and is absolutley right....

Im just really hope that we can stick and stay in the CC next year......
  • Options
    Sory to be all down and that Alfie..... I gave it a crack today to be positive again.. but its just painful.......
  • Options
    Just see who they bring in the next week or so. It suddenly turned against wham and sheffield right at the death today, so it could've been a lot worse for us! I might change my mind when those who went to the match get back tonight and put up how we were lucky to get away with just 3-1 though.......
  • Options
    problem is our next 4 matches !! pompey, bolton & manchester utd away & chelsea home

any ideas how many goals we'll let in against this little lot

i'm going for 13
  • Options
    I dont know mate.........its just been so difficult this year..... the constant failiure to do anything ...... no away win in a year.....you can here the mistakes all over the pitch... the confidence is totally gone... three managers.. worst performances in the premiership history... losing to teams leagues below you (although thats not new)... I go back to what Stanmore said this was a proper chance to get up and get amongst West Ham... and leave Watford behind... now we have a run opf very difficult games...
  • Options
    we'll beat pompey (i'm in southampton, I have to say that) we've done Bolton twice this season, seems like as gooda place to get a win on the road as any, and we're overdue a victory over Man U!!!
  • Options
    Id love to have your confidence but mine left ages ago and was replaced with a bit of a numb feeling which is now turned to resignation.... Im alright though CC will be good.... if Im still in the country.... look itll all be alright weve all seen a few relegations... Its more the manner of collapse that gets to me....... anyway enough of this im off to get some cheap cider for some unknown reason....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Likely ot see more clean sheets in a brothel than our defence.

If you concede goals, you have no chance. End of.

Looking forward to Scunthorpe already :-)
  • Options
    a few people called for Amrose to play more centrally, and we saw that today. Be interested in peoples views on how it worked out.

You don't want to be critical, you want to look for positives, but for the life of me i just can't at times.

It doesn't matter who plays centre half, we concede goals in twos and threes. Whatever midfield today, is either lacking attacking bent, or like today, far too fragile. And without Benty up front we simply have no cutting edge, movement or heart. I thought the goal might envigour JFH, but in stead of making the move himself, he'll point somewhere else the ball should go. Marcus i thought tried hard for the bulk of the game, but when it started to go, he started sulking. Thatcher i thought was solid on his debut, he's better than what we have basically.

But the spine of the side needs a total overall, not just for this season, but for launching a Chapionship campaign.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Can't fault the commitment. The one man capable of unlocking defences, Reid, did as well as could reasonably expected given his lay off and general lack of football.

Too little too late though. We're down.

JFH may be lazy at times but what an achievement getting that arse in the air for a forward roll!!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Did fear that he might get stuck half way through the roll...!

Think that might be the killer result for any hope of staying up.
    Wigan, Sheff Utd and West Ham are still there to be overtaken, but it's going need a miraculous turnaround in away form.

And for all the money we've spent and the exotic loan signings brought in, our super subs are Lloyd Sam (to play as a striker) and Bryan Hughes.

Ho hum. The thought of the Championship is not that bad, but it's unlikely to be as brief as last time - think we should 'enjoy' Chelsea as it could be a while before we're hosting them again.
  • Options
    At least we saw today what Diawara can do,a little nervous at the beginning but got better and better.Let's not ditch and encourage him instead.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    What makes it all the worse is that we weren't too bad today - but we had no firepower - JFH scored but I remain firmly unimpressed, Marcus Bent worked quite hard but doesn't half like a moan -o fhte two I'd certainly rather keep MB, but with them two up front we are not going to cause much trouble. Ambrose was a possibly a weak point too, bit baffled by that decision to be honest - if anything could have had him and Reid swap but I would have preferred Hughes or Kish instead of Ambrose. Still he's had wrose days at the office.

Have to see their second goal to work out who was responsible for what looked like shocking defending.

I cannot believe we have donated six points to Boro.

PS Thatcher for Traore is a good exchange.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Oakster with respect - Diawara played very well today and looked like the player we paid 3.7m for IMHO

Herman on the other hand was again a liability and again ANOTHER mistake cost us dear.

Thought Ambrose was excellent today to be fair to him and really got about the pitch he just needs someone a bit more gritty and able than Matty H, even though he did ok today.

Thatcher was bloody good as well liked the look of him,
  • Options
    Strange Diawara came in for a bit of stick on the radio commentary.
  • Options
    diawara was our best player by far today. marcus bent played well and got stuck in but lacked any sort of help from JFH! will someone please take this lazy pie muncher away! For someone who is supposed to be a legend he couldn't trap a bag of cement! He doesnt seem to want to move. when the ball comes to him hes flat footed and gets caught in possession. people keep telling me that is because he is too old but di canio put the effort in. so does sheringham an hes 40! Cant stand players who dont put the effort in!
  • Options
    i only said that Arf cos it appears he might be off to Portsmouth - i think he has potential, but the gap between where he is now & where he needs to be is costing us

in hindsight letting Perry go was a mistake