Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To get the east and west singing we should.....

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
I'm not to keen on the announcer we have at the mo! I'm a lover of the legend that was big Brian 'palace hater' cole! but there are ways he can get the west and east singing. maybe before the kick of he could have a quick witch stand can sing the loudest competition just to ease the initial embarrassment of trying to start a song!
i used to sit in the west and it was well frustrating. if i jumped up to shout everyone would give you daggers! maybe once they've started singing they might find that they like it! might even put the flasks down long enough to indulge in a nice chorus of 'build a bomb-fire'!!
any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2007
    I sit in F- block East Stand and we sing, or chant I should say, as that is all anyone does most of the time.
    We have no songs apart from VFR which personally I do not like. I think it is Lilly livered and soft.
    FFS, we can't even sing Alan Pardews Red and WHITE!!!! Army properly!!!

Although the North Stand has been better lately it is generally poor. If you happened to sit/stand where the main singers are you probably think it is like that throughout the whole North -Upper and Lower. Believe me, it ain't.
    Stop slagging off the East Stand.
  • Options
    If the crowd could create a decent atmosphere consistantly, it would be like a 12th man.

But as soon as we concede, the silence is deafening.

How do we expect a grandstand finish when half the crowd sit in silence.......and the rest are already on their way home?
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    What grandstand finish are you referring to Oggy because our team are not good enough - Everyone's resigned to relegation.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Hi Solidgone, I was referring to Pards comments after the match, as reported on the OS.

Sure, the team v Boro was not good enough for the last 30 minutes but things can change.
    It's all in the mind. If you believe in your head that you're not good enough, then that's the sure way to guarantee failure.

That's what Pards is trying to turn round.

But if the crowd are just turning up expecting to witness a relegation funeral, then what's the point of being there at all?
  • Options
    I think as silly as it may sound we should make the rest of the season like a big party non stop singing (like Pompey whatever the result,it does build up a seige mentality and you never know might even have a positive effect.It was like that the first time we got relegated and all opposing manager's commented on it.Dare I say we have become a little too spoilt or even have too many old farts going.That may sound a bit harsh but recently I took a friend who was aMillwall fan along.All he kept saying was what a lack of atmosphere their was and 5000 at Millwall made more noise.
  • Options
    Hi Oggy ...".... relegation funeral" it does seem like that to me but all I am asking the players to show is some passion and then I will be more vocal. I thought they showed some passion on saturday knowing that it was last chance saloon but lacked the skill. This is probably why there were no boos at the end of the match, other than for the officials.
  • Options
    To get the east and west stands singing requires there needs to be a sense of community. That is difficult with so many one off and casual spectators present. For example in upper west stand on Saturday many many parties of under 11`s present, also many foreign visitors many who do not know the players and of course who speak no or little English. Going to a premier league game must be a regular part of a weekend trip to London.
  • Options
    Somerton - yeah, I've noticed a lot of foreigners in the east stand. I wonder if Sir Henry knows whether the club are doing any deals with a travel agency as part of target 40,000?