Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who could be our match winner tonight - and why

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
For me I'm going out on a limb here - Lloyd Sam.

We all know he has more ability and skill than average players in this division and we all know he has blistering pace.

One thing I noticed on Friday night was that their left back, Sheehan, is very slow indeed and is a weak link at the back for them. He is not a regular left back I believe and therefore he should be targetted. Their defence kept a really high line and thats why I think pace on the wings can be the difference tonight.

Their left midfielder (O'Brien) looked really good going forwards but didn't do much defending - he was only close to Lloydy because the full back was so far up the pitch and Sam was tracking him. What we need to do is exploit the space in behind him. Dare I say it - a couple of Llera 60-yard cross field specials...............

So, who in your opinion is going to be the key player tonight

Comments

• Options
    Not the popular view I know but thus far I have not been spectacularly impressed with Forster. I know he is supposed to know where the goal is and tonight I just get the feeling he might just live up to my hopes and score the winner.
    COYR
  • Options
    Reid will make the difference on the left....
  • Options
    Reid if he plays.
  • Options
    Randolph, saves a pen in the shoot out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Reid if he plays.

I agree - the wings are where we'll win or lose this.
  • Options
    Llera is likely to play tonight.

I can see him getting the winner / or playing a 60 yard pass for the winner / or scoring the winning penalty.
  • Options
    David Mooney.

Our fans wouldn't know what to do!
  • Options
    Play both Reid and Sam, Sam gets doubled up on now, and we saw how much joy Bailey got out of their right back on Friday.
  • Options
    have to agree randolph

he has produced some fine saves recently that has kept him in the team

+ great assist from him for our gaol at their place

but on the whole we do have quite a few possibilitys

sam, bailey, reid, forster, frazer, buton and dare i say it mooney (not my fav player by a long way) seems below average that said he does have good idea`s but
    just unable to carry them through.

Lets just hope the match officials have a good game and just let the game flow that said if they have a bad game lets just hope the bad decicions go in favour of us
  • Options
    Last game of the season at The Valley last year, Deon Burton scored a hat-trick

BELIEVE
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Secret weapon time...enter Leon McKenzie
  • Options
    I would love it to be Mooney, so I could hunt down that pube headed twat from Friday night and shove it down his big fat throat!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]Llera is likely to play tonight.

I can see him getting the winner / or playing a 60 yard pass for the winner / or scoring the winning penalty.

The thought of Miguel Llera stepping up to take a penalty fills me with absolute dread! Lets hope he hits them harder than that free kick at Oldham!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]David Mooney.

Ha ha. That one should of come with a warning. My keyboard is now spattered with tea!
  • Options
    Reid should play and i think will make the difference.

Bailey was wasted on the left on friday and racon had a quiet game. so put on reid on the left bailey and semendo in the centre and sam on the right. i think we should start with forster and burton up front. hopefully sodje is fit, if not i would rather llera started.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]David Mooney.

Ha ha. That one should of come with a warning. My keyboard is now spattered with tea!

fickle fans guys - they'd go barmy too
  • Options
    Goals from Reid and Wagstaff
  • Options
    I know what you mean about Sam, if he gets that bit of space and is on form, he can put in a great cross. Blistering pace though, not sure about that. I think that's the reason you don't see him trying to just sprint past players, he's not quite quick enough to do it, so tries to beat them with quick feet.

He never really got any crosses in on Friday, not sure if they defended well against him, or he didn't take enough risks. Didn't seem to have much space, but maybe it looks like that watching lower down and behind the goal.

The dream finish to the game would be Semedo making it 2-0 late on. Of course it'll never happen!
  • Options
    You say that Sco his shot weren't half bad on friday!
  • Options
    Interesting no one has mentioned Bailey, would not be surprised to see him play CM tonight and should be more effective then on the left.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicky Forster to slam in the winner
  • Options
    I can't remember that, when was that and what happened?
  • Options
    Lloyd Sam if he is on his game today long with Reid, ball down on the floor and go at um....COYR
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]I can't remember that, when was that and what happened?
    The shot that rose up from just outside the 18yard box just over the bar... Unlucky and well struck (especially for Semedo)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]I can't remember that, when was that and what happened?

Just over the bar from outside the box
  • Options
    Deon Burton to net another hatrick in the final home game of the season, odds of 40/1 at blue square, im on....
  • Options
    Miguel Llera to net the winner in the 90th minute
    Then this:
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Randolph, saves a pen in the shoot out.
  • Options
    Randolph - 1-0 Charlton and penalties....
  • Options
    I'm hoping the ref sends off Austin and Ward for fighting each other
  • Options
    Mooney !
    ;-)