Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Time to pull together!

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
Lads, we have been defeated tonight and believe me i am just as gutted as you lot. We can't argue between ourselves or shout for people's heads yet. Maybe Parkinson made a few wrong decisions, maybe he didn't. Maybe we are about to have a tough summer financially, but us as fans need to stick together and stick by the club.

I'm honestly thinking, the team's that deserve to do well, do. Swindon have had a good season and now find themselves in the play-off final and fair play to them i want them to go up now. We can easily look back to 2 main games that i consider as 6 points dropped which would have got us automatic promotion, Brighton at home, and Leyton Orient at home. I consider those as 6 points dropped, we would of therefore had automatic promotion but the difference is, your Leeds and Norwich's won those games, that's why they are up and we are not.

We are in for a tough tough time now, the best thing we can do is now stick together.

Everyone get there heads up and lets stick together.

Charlton til i die, im charlton til i die, i know i am im sure i am im Charlton til i die.

Comments

• Options
    Agree. We, the board and everyone associated with the club need to dust themselves down and make some very hard decisions to secure the future of this club.

Sort out contracts now, clear out deadwood and start preparing for next season.

What should our expectations be? Which free targets should we be approaching?

The next 2/3 months is very important. This season is (unfortunately) over. We HAVE to look forward.

So many missed opportunities this year, but its done, we can't do anything about it.

What can WE ALL DO to make our club Charlton great again?
  • Options
    Mid table would be one hell of an achievement next season with what we'll have left plus the -10 points we're likely to start with.
  • Options
    Spot on. Believe me mate im gutted as it gets i really am but we cant write on here how bad some of the players are or the manager or anyone, it's been it's done, we've lost. Lets deal with what we know, we HAVE lost, we WILL be playing in league one next year, how we react to that is a whole different ball game. The club need us now more than ever. Lets do this....
  • Options
    Read an interview with Grant Holt and Darel Russel the other day and they said when Lambert came in (after he'd beaten them 7-1 with Colchester) he told the squad they need to remember they are not too good for this division, to show every team respect and remember that you're playing in League One for a reason. So true. Deal with and get on with it. If Norwich had gone 2-0 up they would not have stopped attacking and would have won that game by 4 or 5. At times this season we have not been ruthless enough and it has cost us too many times and too many points.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE23[/cite]My heart is wanting to type out a dissertation on why Parkinson is a terrible manager but my head knows that your plea for a measured reaction is correct. Only thing to do is to put money over the turnstiles and keep supporting them. They need it now more than at any time since the halcyon days of Mark Hulyer.
    He's not a terrible manager but I'll go into that another time. Even missing out on promotion he's done far more than many thought he was capable of. Don't rate him at all - fine, but to be still calling him terrible I can't see the sense.
  • Options
    Listen up guys. I'm too shagged to talk about the game now.

But stop this tosh about administration. Most of the debt is to Charlton's own directors.

Never, ever believe anything you read in the Daily Mail, unless you have a better source that backs it up.
  • Options
    All we can do is as said before, get your season tickets, continuity with the manager, and keep the faith.
    I'll be back next year and the year after and the year after coz I love this club whatever gets thrown at me
  • Options
    Our time will come again
  • Options
    get some collections going for the club, fundrasing maybe? I dont know but this feeling right now is bad enough, we need to stop us dropping even further
  • Options
    Can't sleep! Is that pathetic? I'm guessing poor nick bailey is suffering from the same thing...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why don't the club do a bond offering ? I'd be willing to put a couple of grand into it.