Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

lloyd sam

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
Said it all season and feel it even more affter tonite,probably the only player to ever get worse as he drops down the leagues.imo a total disgrace to call himself a winger has no brain and no bottle not blaming him for tonight but hasn't delivered this season and enough is enough now get rid

Comments

• Options
    He's out of contract so you'll get your wish.

Let's see if Wagstaff contributes over 10 assists and 4 goals...
  • Options
    Wagstaff would comfortably get more than 4 goals if he played every week surely?
  • Options
    lets not bother talking about him ,check the shirk 20 mins in ........my life
  • Options
    clearly you dont ever watch charlton in the flesh home or away

Sam over the season has been our only genuine threat, no other memeber of our squad has been consistanly double and triple marked in games, ok he wasnt great tonight but in fairness he didnt get the ball in good positions, but still delivered cross after cross. This actually gave Reid the space which he exploted very effectivly
  • Options
    this thread is gonna end up in tears.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]He's out of contract so you'll get your wish.

exactly
  • Options
    I'm sure wagstaff probably will in this league
  • Options
    assists!! score a goal
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]

Ground breaking! Lloyd Grossman could probably beat that.
  • Options
    we look very dangerous with lloydy on one wing and reid on the other. i know sam blows hot and cold, but i for one hope he is here next year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But Gary Birtles thinks he should be playing for England?????

4 goals.

Nuff said.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Come back in a years time after Wagstaff's got 15 assists and 10 goals and tell me Sam is a disgrace.

Unless we get taken over and can afford better, the next few years we could really see what a poor right winger is (not saying that will be Wagstaff)
  • Options
    jesus. what are people on. another decent performance from sam tonight. what the f*ck did he do wrong. get off his f*cking back its f*cking boring.
  • Options
    Reading the majority of the posts on here anybody would think that Lloyd was responsible for us losing the match & he wasn't, that was down to the bloke in the centre circle who was inconsolable at the end methinks!!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    well said WSS/scoham/paul
    really can't quite believe after that game that anyone has the nerve to single out any one player when everyone played their hearts out. I've really never understood this lloyd sam hate brigade, but what a time to play that card. disgraceful.

fairly confident that, unlike us, he will be going up a league this season & will have plenty of interest from the champo, but obviously their scouts are all deluded.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]But Gary Birtles thinks he should be playing for England?????

4 goals.

Nuff said.[/quote]

He also said Llera should get booked when he was kneed in the ribs on the floor?

Northen Twat
  • Options
    I thought Lloyd Sam had one of his better games tonight, particularly defensively.
    But ultimately a winger is about end product and Lloydy hasn't shown enough of that for the last two years.
    And there's surely something wrong with his fitness: glandular fever or some post viral thing?
    I'm sure he'll get picked up by a Championship club for next season.

Waggy will score a few (more than 4) next season, he's got a great shot on him, but he doesn't get that many crosses in either.

Where's the next Paddy Powell when you need him?

Let's stick to the "not the time to start blaming" vibe, the mood is turning in the last 30 minutes or so?
  • Options
    And not long after he "shirked" that challenge, he went in for another one in the NW corner and won it, that got Semedo and Richardson out of the shit after they'd both failed to clear. How about a bit of balance, eh guys?
  • Options
    Whilst Charlton fans seems to often underrate Sam, it amuses me how much Sky overrate him. Whenever I watch a game on Sky they're in a lather about what a threat he is. Like tonight, he had a good but not exceptional game, and the guy was going on about how he was the main man, whilst not giving Reid anywhere near the praise he deserved. Kamara even said before the game 'Stop Sam and you'll stop Charlton football club'.
  • Options
    I'm not blaming him for last night but for someone to be so inconsistent week in week out annoys me.for him 2 get four goals in a season is a joke,compared to other meant to be class wingers in our league.lallana at southampton hoolahan at norwich.I've missed 2 home games this season and see 5 away and I think he is totally inept of any ability
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The truth regarding Sam probably lies somewhere between the two camps.

6 career goals in 135 appearances. This season not one of his goals proved to be a winner (two in a 4-0, one in a 5-1 and one in a 2-0). Is this because he's no good in front of goal or because he simply doesn't get in a position to score?

For me (especially when we play with him as the only recognised winger) he should be employed as far up the pitch as possible as his time is too occupied with defensive duties (even though he did do that very well last night).

We have no pace up front and with Sam acting as a second full back means that, when we do counter, the ball is played up to Burton and Mooney only for them to turn back on themsleves waiting for support. Most full backs at this level have pace but centre backs tend to have the turning circle of a London Bus. It's also not quite so easy to double mark a centre forward as it is a winger.

Dare I suggest that, if he is still with us next season, we try him pre season through the middle alongside a target man?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: WSS[/cite]

Ground breaking! Lloyd Grossman could probably beat that.

That statistic is still amazing me.Can think of players in Leeds and Norwich ranks that probably clocked that up in two or three games.
    In fact i havn't checked.Is this a wind up?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2010
    Player			Club				TOTAL
    Jon-Paul McGovern	Swindon Town			16
    Gary Roberts	 	Huddersfield			15
    Wesley Hoolahan	 	Norwich City			13
    Jason Puncheon	 	Southampton			13
    Richard Lambert	 	Southampton			12
    Elliott Bennett	 	Brighton			11
    Chris Hackett	 	Millwall			11
    Ryan Harley	 	Exeter City			11
    Grant Holt	 	Norwich City			11
    Anthony Pilkington	Huddersfield			10
    Simon Lappin	 	Norwich City			10
    Andrew Welsh	 	Yeovil Town			10
    [b]Lloyd Sam	 	Charlton			10
    Deon Burton	 	Charlton			10[/b]

Sam has either created or scored 20% of our goals this season. FACT.

And Carly - not a single Leeds player in that list, only one Millwall, one Swindon and one Huddersfield...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Screamer[/cite]Wagstaff would comfortably get more than 4 goals if he played every week surely?

Wagstaff is poor, should never have come on in both legs.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nickaspanner[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Screamer[/cite]Wagstaff would comfortably get more than 4 goals if he played every week surely?[/quote]

Wagstaff is poor, should never have come on in both legs.[/quote]

Yeah, should have got Ronaldo in on loan.

He done well when he come on last night
  • Options
    The game changed when Sam came off. We were defensively weaker and the fullback could just relax that little bit more.
  • Options
    Sam, although he didnt have a good/bad game IMO was shagged by half time.
  • Options
    I really like wagstaff don't know if he's ready to start every game but he's got great shot on him and looks very dangerous in front of goal and had great shot last night and he showed great passion for the club the fact he was crying at the end .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nickaspanner[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Screamer[/cite]Wagstaff would comfortably get more than 4 goals if he played every week surely?

Wagstaff is poor, should never have come on in both legs.

Yeah, should have got Ronaldo in on loan.

He done well when he come on last night

What did he do in both games? 1st leg didnt touch the ball, 2nd leg ran straight into there full back every time, he has been poor every time he has started and looks poor when he comes on.
  • Options
    Set up a very decent chance for Burton (after skinning the Full Back) who had he not had cramp as he striked the ball probably would have scored and won us the game.