Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Invest in the future

Realistically we are down, the points difference between us and safety is widening and with Pompey, Bolton, Man U and Chelsea up next we don't have any "easy" matches.

Currently we seem to be playing damage limitation in the transfer market but perhaps we should look at the CCC and Division one and start planning for a promotion campaign next year. Also, we may as well blood Gislason, Walton and ZZ. They are on the pay roll, are supposed to be up and coming players why not give them a run-out instead of some of the established players.

Most of the summer's signings (Reid apart) have been failures, so could Walton etc be any worse? At some point we have to either play them or let them go, but I'd sooner they get a game or two first.

BFR

Comments

• Options
    spot on, agree entirely.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Met ZZ yesterday. (Well I say meet but really I shook his hand and said welcome to which he smiled and nodded) However from this I can tell that he will be a great player for us :- ) He'll make mistakes and communication will be hard but would love to have something different in the middle. Of course it's Pardew's shout.
  • Options
    On the subject of building for next season, i think the midfield is ok. Ambrose, Kish, holland and hughes are championship players. If ZZ turns out to be ok and we can keep reid and thomas then we'll have a decent midfield. Plus there's Walton to come in as well.
    We'll need a right back and at least 2 centre halves. Gibbs will never play for us, young will be sold, god knows what will happen with Sorondo. Thatcher, Diawara, Fortune, will all be good that level, HH and Sankofa will be back up.
    As for the strikers. D. Bent will go and we might as well get rid of M. Bent and JFH and start again. You need goals to get yourself out of that division as Reading proved last year and Birming ham are proving this year. So that will be our biggest problem.