Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bailey a Charlton fan?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I asked Paul Fletcher on his BBC Blog where the 'Bailey is a Charlton fan' thing came from, he replied with:
    [cite]Posted By: Paul Fletcher[/cite]I might have to hold my hands up here. I was told by someone at the club that he was a fan of the Addicks and subsequent research did not suggest otherwise. He obviously wasn't taking to the press on Monday so I could not ask him directly. Perhaps he is someone who is a fan of several clubs, or who at least says he is when asked. If it is Fulham then I can only apologise.

BBC Linky
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Wikipedia[/cite]Bailey also brilliantly missed a penalty kick against Swindon Town in the League One Play Offs, to secure Charlton another season of League One football.

Wiki

His page has taken a sustained attack by a few Palace fans between last night and today

You've got to laugh, though.
    Old fashioned rivalry banter.

Slipped in quite subtlely ..... sort of thing I might have done to a Palace or Millwall entry, if I could've been bothered.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Wikipedia[/cite]Bailey also brilliantly missed a penalty kick against Swindon Town in the League One Play Offs, to secure Charlton another season of League One football.

Wiki

His page has taken a sustained attack by a few Palace fans between last night and today

You've got to laugh, though.
    Old fashioned rivalry banter.

Slipped in quite subtlely ..... sort of thing I might have done to a Palace or Millwall entry, if I could've been bothered.

I like that edit, it's funny.

The earlier attacks were much less subtle, for example this or this one

Now that it's been mentioned by the BBC, I'm thinking of adding that he's a lifelong Charlton fan to his Wiki page. ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Now that it's been mentioned by the BBC, I'm thinking of adding that he's a lifelong Charlton fan to his Wiki page. ;-)
    I read something the other day about a paper writing something they saw on wiki. The wiki page then referenced the article as the source of the information.
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Now that it's been mentioned by the BBC, I'm thinking of adding that he's a lifelong Charlton fan to his Wiki page. ;-)
    I read something the other day about a paper writing something they saw on wiki. The wiki page then referenced the article as the source of the information.

I can't remember the man's name, but he was a songwriter in the 60s and 70s. When he died a few years ago, some papers mentioned in his obituary that he wrote Reach because it was in his Wikipedia page. I can't remember how it was resolved, but it was a big controversy in the Wiki-world at the time. I'd say it's probably still in his Wikipedia page and included as a controversy.

EDIT- I had a search and found it was Ronnie Hazlehurst. Obviously Wikipedia have tightened their rules.