Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life end of season thanks - 2009/10

Comments

• Options
    For a non-player, this site is invaluable. The Oggy's and Scoham's have helped me enormously to understand more about football, and the quick wits on here have provided many chuckle hours. Special thanks to the best dressed supporter, - SoundAS, he almost made Milwall worthwhile. Thanks to all who have given up their time to deliver something rather special and unique.
  • Options
    Well done, certainly the best fan footballsite, and essential if you are a Charlton fan.

Unlike 'your views' there is a healthy and diverse range of opinions. .......which is what a site like this is all about.

If the club ever needed support it is gonna need it in the near future!...... Good job lads.
  • Options
    yep thanks for letting me moan 24/7
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]yep thanks for letting me moan 24/7

though in reality your moaning doesn't start till 1.15 in the afternoon :-)
  • Options
    Bring on next season!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite] Special thanks to the best dressed supporter, - SoundAS, he almost made Millwall worthwhile.

I tell you what, Plaaayer is gonna have the right hump with that :-)

Cheers all, this site has ultimately made my match day experience far more enjoyable as some of the people I've met are friends for life.
    That's enough soppy stuff for one day!
  • Options
    Thanks AFKA and LOOKIE, Charlton Life keeps me insane.

Thanks to Threadkiller for his help with poker tournaments.

Thanks also to all the people (yes, even other clubs supporters) who have taken the time and trouble to post and make the site what it is: the best Charlton site on the web
  • Options
    As everyone else has said, thanks for running this site and keeping it as it is. *tips hat*
  • Options
    Thanks guys. CL is therapy when you need it and for us ex-pats it's like gathering in an away end on a cold winter's night.

Have a great summer.
  • Options
    And many thanks from here in Thailand, not, thankfully, in Bangkok despite the name.

I hate listening to the radio and TV access here is just about non-existent for Div 3 games so the game threads are great but I also like the banter, the informed opinions, the totally uninformed opinions, rumours and everything else. I don't look at any other CAFC forums so I get most of my Charlton fix from here and I feel I know many of the regulars though I have probably only met a few of you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nothing to add apart from you are a big part of my life...My Charlton Life, that is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Special thanks to the best dressed supporter, -SoundAS, he almost made Millwall worthwhile.

I tell you what, Plaaayer is gonna have the right hump with that :-)

Cheers all, this site has ultimately made my match day experience far more enjoyable as some of the people I've met are friends for life.
    That's enough soppy stuff for one day!

Plaayer, the only bloke I know that makes my golf gear look conservative. other than Julian Clary that is ; )
  • Options
    Thanks for as great site.Hope everyone enjoys the summer.
  • Options
    I would like to thank all the scum-bags from other clubs to whom we don't matter, for spending so much time on here -
    if only we charged by the minute !
  • Options
    Have to point out - this site was opened in summer 2006.

2006 - 07 - relegation from the Premiership
    2007 - 08 - ultimately pitiful attempt at promotion, sewing the seeds for...
    2008 - 09 - worst season for decades, culminating in our first relegation to the 3rd tier in my lifetime and for 30 odd years
    2009 - 10 - failed attempt at promotion.

So please consider this everybody before dishing out all this praise - this site is a curse! And to think that I have been blaming Dowie for our descent all these years...
  • Options
    Yeah thanks for everyone at charlton life for making it a great site, i haven't seen any other as good imo!

Been good year forum wise for me, enjoyed the banter and the continous promotion of CL Poker tournements......sorry about that ;o)

I've now sort of got over the fact we are stuck in this league and am hopeful we can go up next year, although lets see who goes/comes before i can back us

[also thanks for special mention im touch'd , tear to the eye]
  • Options
    shocked I never got a special thanks AFKS you disappoint me
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]shocked I never got a special thanks AFKS you disappoint me

cant please everyone ;o)
  • Options
    Again it has all been said by all the above posts but I also want to thank those who keep this site running so well. Thanks all
  • Options
    Thanks AFKA your like the old miserable uncle I never had.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Thanks AFKA your like the old miserable uncle I never had.
    That's NSS surely?
  • Options
    Thanks for the thanks; you're welcome!

However I'd just to quickly point out there's both PaddyP17 and Paddy7 on here. I'm the former. =]
  • Options
    Good work AFKA! Unique forum with some great characters. Btw don't really know what you do but the fact you removed my headless babe within about 5 seconds of me posting it suggests your on the ball :-)
    Also thanks for allowing me a platform to share the vids with everyone, without that I dont think we would have been able to generate the interest we have.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Thanks AFKA your like the old miserable uncle I never had.
    That's NSS surely?

No NSS is too young to be my uncle.
  • Options
    thanks...it's been emotional.
  • Options
    What on earth would we do without CL. Its priceless.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Thanks AFKA your like the old miserable uncle I never had.
    That's NSS surely?

No NSS is too young to be my uncle.

The tenner is in the post mate
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Thanks to all that run this wonderful site. And also to those who take the time and trouble to abuse me. I can assure you that there is so much pleasure in being on the end of it ;-)
  • Options
    There isn't anything worthwhile that I can add to the above so I shan't try.
    But, thanks to all of you for keeping Charlton - well, Charlton!
  • Options
    Cheers all for a great site.