Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things are going to get better!

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
Okay it hurts right now,but as soon as the world cup start,and the new season beckons,we will be among the favourites once more...And the big thing is,we came close in our first season back down here,and against probably the toughest league one ever!.....Also we can and will learn from last season,what teams do what etc..Plus look at all the `Big teams` that have fallen before,none of them have stayed down here longer than 3 seasons at the most,and will bounce back,next season i reckon! :) LOUD AND PROUD TO BE CHARLTON FOREVER!!

Comments

• Options
    Really wish i could have your optimism but the team is going to be completely different to this years. We are going to struggle.
  • Options
    Valleybred...it greatly depends upon who stays and who goes as to whether or not we'll be amongst the favourites....you'd like to think so but my guess is there will be some bitter pills to swallow in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    if we lose 10 points it will make things very difficult. There will be obvious departures but Parky proved himself to be shrewd when it comes to freebees so maybe he can find a couple more to cover the losses of Sam (Waggy not ready), Bailey/Semedo and probably Burton.
  • Options
    Whoever goes? Doe is really matter? as we are still a `big name down here that can and will attract really decent players from this and lower leagues..Nearly all clubs are working within debt,and i hear preston are actually wanting admin,to forsce the hand of the board and get in buyers!! ..Not saying that is the way forward but there is always avenues..This isnt the end believe me,ive seen worse times like the rest,and when a 3yrold with dad and brother holding me high and seeing flann/hales etc,charlton was infused in my blood forever!!..By way that green who plays for the daggers,a brilliant shoutfor next season for us...
  • Options
    Agree with you Valleybred with little money to spend in the foreseeable future if your a free agent or non league player looking for a chance in League One you'd pick one of Southampton/Sheff Wed/Charlton ahead of most others. And I don't think I'm being big headed when I say that.
  • Options
    I think and hope southamton have sorted their squad allready..looked solid enough to me,so sheff wed maybe a vialble option compared to us,but cmon,would you want to live up north? :)
  • Options
    Southampton are not looking at freebies. They are trying to buy their way out of the division and will probably succeed. Wed will be looking to offload a lot of players before they even look at signing anyone.
  • Options
    Just been on a Sheffield Wednesday forum and they were talking about their player budget being around £3m max so only freebies for them if that's true
  • Options
    It was mentionend a few weeks ago on a sky match,swindon have money men behind them,so to be honest,if true i want them outta this league...Really cant see futher than us and southamton next season...Our prob this season was too many `big clubs` who spent..We now got rid of 2 and as i said hopefully bye bye swindon...so next season,having the experience of most of the teams and having got rid of leeds,norwich and swindon,we will be smiling this time next season.."red red robin"