Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blimey that was close

edited May 2010 in Not Sports Related
Have just found out that the Classic Merc I was picking up tomorrow is/ was a Class C write off ...

Jesus H

Comments

• Options
    you youngsters .....................
  • Options
    Wouldn't the insurance be a bit steep for a 27 year old? :-)
  • Options
    Er NO ... it's classic
  • Options
    :p
  • Options
    About 10 years ago I was just about to buy a Ducati 748 from a fella, took a test ride, haggled a deal, just about to hand over the readies, thought I would phone one of the HPI check thingies....the reg number came back as a Peugeot car!!!
    The old bill had a word with him, scum!
  • Options
    Part of the problem of buying a merc , bmw, these days is that so many are cat 'c' and 'd' after 3 years or so.

The Insurance companies want to write off cars with any sort of impact damage, citing repair costs, but it often the liabiality that could result after the repair.

When you have gearboxs costing up to 5 grand for a bmw, you can see the issues!. Also most Insurance is now bought online, where rates are so cut throat, and the postoffice, M and S. Quickfit, etc etc getting them underwritten and taking a cut, they do not wanrt to get involved!. Friend had an M3, nicked, from his drive, cat d light damage, stereo pulled out, one wing buckled, and the wheels, steering shot, gone over a kerb at high speed and they wanted to write it off!. He ended up, buying it off the Insurance company, and getting it sorted, but still has the stigma of a cat d. But as he said I did not buy the car to sell it, it has only done 45, 000 miles..... He got an independent engineers report, and repaired at an approved repairer, bought BMW parts and has not had any issues with his Insurance company, although he has now fitted a traker!. A Merc should be capable of sustaining a cat d, just get the thing repaired at an approved body shop, with an engineers report and negotaite a decent price. Good luck anyway
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Wouldn't the insurance be a bit steep for a 27 year old? :-)

He'll be thirty eventually though, Shirley??

;)