Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good Luck Next Season

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
Hi, I thought I would pop back on here just to say I feel for you guys, going out on pens is horrid. I'm not here to gloat cos I can imagine you must feel completely gutted.

All the best for next season and if we don't go up, see you all at The County Ground again next season.

Comments

• Options
    cheers, all the best in the final, I can't say I think the better team won with either head or heart but on bottle playing with 10 men and backs against the wall and slotting away 5 pens you definitely got the job done. regards.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Thanks, I think there is a high level of angst, but we are where we are. Good luck in the final, hope you make it.
  • Options
    good luck in the final, i will be cheering you on from my living room and atm i'll be cheering as loud as any of you if you play the scum ....
  • Options
    Looks like we'll be playing your neighbours from down the road.
  • Options
    Will be rooting for you at Wembley. As for good luck ......we might well need it.
  • Options
    i'm sure i can speak for most charlton fans in wishing you all the best for wembley. if you come up against an honest set of players and fans like millwall i hope it's a fair contest and may the best team win! come on you reds!!
  • Options
    No doubt the muggies will feel very confident against Swindon.
  • Options
    Just watching the game, they appear to only have 2 songs.

Whats the MIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLL all about?
  • Options
    Fair play to you fella, hope you enjoy your Wembley day.

First time i've sat there at the end of the game and felt raging jealousy when looking at the away end.

Very impressed with your No 4, thought he was an excellent player, and the blonde haired lad down the left was a real threat as well.

Swindon assembled a decent squad this season with a budget of less than £3m, ours was more than double that. It actually gives me heart that once we have cleared the high earners and the driftwood out, it is possible to still compile a decent competitive squad in this league.
  • Options
    Thanks. Good luck in the final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Fair play to you fella, hope you enjoy your Wembley day.

First time i've sat there at the end of the game and felt raging jealousy when looking at the away end.

Very impressed with your No 4, thought he was an excellent player, and the blonde haired lad down the left was a real threat as well.

Swindon assembled a decent squad this season with a budget of less than £3m, ours was more than double that. It actually gives me heart that once we have cleared the high earners and the driftwood out, it is possible to still compile a decent competitive squad in this league.

Number 4 for us is Jonathan Douglas who we signed from Leeds. Apparently he wasn't good enough for the mighty Whites according to their fans!

The blonde haired lad down the wing is Danny Ward, on loan from Bolton.

I think you guys will challenge next season with Wednesday and Saints.
  • Options
    Beat millwall fella good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Good luck in the final. I hope you do what you did in 93 :)
  • Options
    Please do it... i will get a ridiculous amount of stick if scumwall go up
  • Options
    Good luck. I can say that now. Last night i dont think I could... we live 3 minutes walk from the Valley and our kitchen overlooks the away end and you fekkers kept us raging for a long long time after the final penalty with the noise and celebrations.. a good 30 minutes after the last pen? Growl. But now i wish you all the good luck.
  • Options
    Go, Robins go, smash them spanners to bits...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: STFC_Bloke[/cite]Just watching the game, they appear to only have 2 songs.

Whats the MIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLL all about?

They're to simple to realise what comes after the Mill bit so they just keep going, and going, and going... plebs
  • Options
    beat them please i want to be a part of a 5 0 at the den next season
  • Options
    Wish you well, STFC_Bloke .

Put a spanner in their works on the 29th. PLEASE.
  • Options
    Good luck....
    hope u win, Austin hat trick!!
    Ward with a couple as well...
    5-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck bloke
  • Options
    Good luck in the final - Come On You Robins.
  • Options
    Just a selfish view but we get no luck against Millwall - ever. We averaged nearly 2 points per game this season but you all know what we did against the spanners. So I want them promoted and out of our league. Sorry Bloke.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcfan[/cite]Just a selfish view but we get no luck against Millwall - ever. We averaged nearly 2 points per game this season but you all know what we did against the spanners. So I want them promoted and out of our league. Sorry Bloke.

It's a good point. Local derbies are generally not a good thing. They tend to become tighter affairs than 'ordinary' games. Maybe, if Gillingham had been Rochdale, we would have taken those extra points we needed. Millwall out of the division would give us more chance.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]beat them please i want to be a part of a 5 0 at the den next season
    I don't, 4-0 was bad enough!
  • Options
    hope u beat that other team who are they ,last minute pen would be nice good luck swindon .
  • Options
    I still feel bruised and battered by the other night.I agree with what Afka said regarding Swindon being a good example of what a club on a much smaller budget than ours can do and hope that we can emerge leaner and hungrier next year and that this bad defeat can be used positively as a springboard to real success next year. Even if we lose a few of our better players (and obviously we will) this league is poor and holds no fears and next season we will have more experience to deal with this league and hopefully will be better aware of what we face.
    I thought that over the 2 legs we were the better side and am sick to have gone out on penalties. I often wondered what those Sunderland fans went thru in 98 -now I know. Despite that I sincerely hope that Swindon batter Millwall at Wembley and that all the vultures from the higher leagues circle and pick off their best players, prompting Millwall's slide down the table next season. One Wembley defeat and they would hurt -two may be too much.