Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley Gold

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
Thinking of taking out Valley Gold membership next season for the first time as I want to see the academy stay alive and every little helps I suppose. How does it work after I pay my £120? Is it like a seperate membership from my season ticket or does just a little note go on my file saying i'm a VG member and that's it. Silly question I know but just wondering how it works.

Comments

• Options
    You can pay for a year up front, or monthly.
  • Options
    You get a badge of honour... i remember one night wanting to stuff it down 1905 and dowman's gob! :-)
  • Options
    It will go on your record with the club, and you'll be sent a credit card size membership card that you can show in the shop for merchandise discounts.
  • Options
    You'll also go on the P.O.D.B [play off data base] so in the event of competing the play offs next season you will automatically get priority in regards to tickets.
  • Options
    You will get priority for tickets

Other than the biggest match of the season.
  • Options
    You get a news letter ever so often.

You could win £10k in the big draw as well.

Bromley Addicks joined as we thought it was a good way to spend some spare cash.
  • Options
    been thinking exactly the same thing myself about joining, every little helps..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]You get a news letter ever so often.

Ha ha what a great perk!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]been thinking exactly the same thing myself about joining, every little helps..

I have been on the OS today checking out what you have to do and how you can pay, you can spread the cost and pay as little as £10.00 per month, £30.00 per quarter, £60.00 every 6 months or the full 120.00 up front.
  • Options
    Joined at an open day down at Sparrows Lane many years ago.

Only £10 a month and you could see the best youth players play for Liverpool, Fulham, West Ham Chelsea etc.one day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]You get a news letter ever so often.

Ha ha what a great perk!!

Give it a rest. Some people might appreciate a glossy, well written booklet with photos and with an update on how much has been raised, which kids are coming through, interviews with players, etc.

[cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]been thinking exactly the same thing myself about joining, every little helps..

I have been on the OS today checking out what you have to do and how you can pay, you can spread the cost and pay as little as £10.00 per month, £30.00 per quarter, £60.00 every 6 months or the full 120.00 up front.

With the 15% discount in the shop you can get a whack back depending on how much you spend.

If you spent £800 a season in the shop you'd get in all back : - )

Could be something people could do as a group of mates. Consider it a little flutter every home game for the prize draw, If you don't win you still get the discount and ticket priority.
  • Options
    £15 off your season ticket.

I won £750 a couple of years ago so reckon I am about break even
  • Options
    Can I take it down to the ticket office with a cheque or cash for the year? Trying to clear myself of direct debits and monthly payments!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Can I take it down to the ticket office with a cheque or cash for the year? Trying to clear myself of direct debits and monthly payments!

Yes, I paid by cheque. There will be an easy form to fill out at the box office or in reception or just contact lisa.squires@cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    Thanks Henry, will sort that out this afternoon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Joined at an open day down at Sparrows Lane many years ago.

Only £10 a month and you could see the best youth players play for Liverpool, Fulham, West Ham Chelsea etc.one day.

or the not so good ones play for us as we slide down the leagues
  • Options
    I also joined when it first started years ago down at the training ground. I also think my number dropped out of that big drum they used to bring onto the pitch at half time also years ago because I have not had a peep since.