Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VIDEO: "An Interview With An FA Cup Finalist"

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
I wasnt really in the mood Tuesday morning but kept the appointment and went along to interview Les Fell who played outside right in the 1946 FA Cup Final for Charlton. Les is nearly 90 now and needed a bit of prompting as the memories are slightly vivid now (sure mine would be aswell after 64 years) but here he talks about his career which started with Margate during the war years, how he didnt play football for 3 years and then how he went on to play for Charlton in the Cup Final. Its well worth a watch and should be quite interesting to all Charlton fans, during the research i raked up a lot of old pics to accompany the story and hopefully this sort of video will educate one or two who think times are hard now

This is the first video of its kind as far as I know and I have done this video for the Charlton FPA (Former Players Association) who do a lot of good unpaid work in keeping the former players involved with the club such as getting them tickets, organising events and keeping in touch which is important particularly for people like Les. There may be more to follow, a few targets im hopeful of getting in front of the camera would be Derek Hales, Colin Walsh, Gary Nelson, Robert Lee, Lennie hopefully one day, Super Clive so watch this space you never know...

An Interview With An FA Cup Finalist

Comments