Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dean Kiely On Your On Sky Sports

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
'I was at Charlton Athletic when Alan Curbishley stood next to Danny Murphy, Dennis Rommedahl and Francis Jeffers when we were seven/eighth in the league and said with these signings were moving to the next level. I watched them the other night playing the League One Play-Off'!

Sums it up perfectly! He's responding to a complaining Villa supporter!

Comments

• Options
    sometimes you've got to be happy with your lot ....
    god help us if we're supposed to be happy with the crock of s*** we're gonna be left with
  • Options
    We're still fourth
  • Options
    We were a **** hair away from becoming a fully established premiership team and with one poor appointment we blew it......

so thats it, this is where we are.....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]We were a **** hair away from becoming a fully established premiership team and with one poor appointment we blew it......

so thats it, this is where we are.....[/quote]

Not an argumentitive question but whe do you think we were that close to becoming fully established?

I think we were for 3 seasons and then sold Parker, simples.

My opinion obviously
  • Options
    same, totally agree... the Parker sale was the moment when we went from an upward trjectory to a downward one... we would have IMHO had at least European football and probably Champs league football that season...

I still remmebr Alan Hanson saying he thought wed make it....

but that was then... and this is now....

we need a rise from the ashes on a par with the last rise in the curbs gritt era.....

and call me a muppet but I think if we give Parkinson time, I think he can do it....
  • Options
    Give over.
  • Options
    yeah I just reread that last bit..

I think he can get us out this league ....... how in the blue moon are we gonna attract anyone else??

We can offer them no money, and no money to spend.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]yeah I just reread that last bit..

I think he can get us out this league ....... how in the blue moon are we gonna attract anyone else??

We can offer them no money, and no money to spend.....
    How did Scunthorpe, Doncaster and Blackpool?

This nonsense is getting very old.
  • Options
    2010-11 end of season report ...
    well 10th in the third tier of english football under these circumstances are wonderful and we should be grateful we have a club and phil parkinson as our manager who else could do any better?