Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Details of the actual new

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
Thought I'd create a new thread as people may not look at the other one...

Email Mick Everet with a couple of kit mock-ups and got a reply straight back...

'Hi Dan

And very impressive they look too. We have already signed off the new kit for next season and its in production at the moment. The new home shirt will be available around 12th July, and the new away shirt from the start of August. Whilst you own designs look very good, I think that you will be pleasantly surprised when you see the new kit in July.

Regards

Mick Everett

Operations Director

Charlton Athletic Football Club

The Valley

Floyd Road

Charlton

SE7 8BL'

So fingers crossed we'll have something good in a months time!

Comments

• Options
    Interesting. I guess we'll get a few "previews" (actually a photo of part of the sleeve) in the weeks before the first friendly, and they'll probably wear the new kit for the first time against Welling.
  • Options
    I've got a feeling the home kit is going to be red!
  • Options
    Start of August, why do we bring them out so late?
  • Options
    why are we always so late with our new kits? so many clubs have already started selling their new ones.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    oldham had theirs on sale at the last game of the season
  • Options
    Did Oldham change kit manufacturers though? That's bound to add a delay to getting the new kit out.
  • Options
    The kit is out when it is out, doesn't really bother me, patience.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    We have always been late, even with Joma, Admiral, Osca, Adidas, Ribero. Le Coq,

Always, always, late!

Not that I give a rats arse fr myself but when they boy was younger it was annoying as you wanted him to wear it on holidays etc
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I've also wondered why we seem to be the only team in football to release our shirts late
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nickaspanner[/cite]I've got a feeling the home kit is going to be red!

I hate it already. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I presume 12th July is available to buy, we'll have seen it a few weeks before I'm sure.
  • Options
    To save money the kit will be reversable with red outside and black in with velcro sleeves of course thats for the players for us you will need to buy two seperate shirts ching ching ! well we do need every shilling
  • Options
    Just had another email from mick:

Dan

They are not off the shelf kits either, they are being specially made for the club.

Regards

Mick Everett

Operations Director

The Valley

Floyd Road

Charlton

SE7 8BL

Quality! :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nickaspanner[/cite]I've got a feeling the home kit is going to be red!

Oi, don't give the game away .....!

;o)
  • Options
    That's good to hear
  • Options
    I often wondered what that Rick Everett did for his money...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

Oi, don't give the game away .....!

;o)

Typical Charlton - no originality at all.

Henry Jnr sent in some designs last winter. Mike Rea said the away shirt is based on one of his drawings.

Very generously gave him the final proofs from Joma of the current kits that they had to sign off.
  • Options
    Is Henry Jnr expecting a cheque in the post then Henry, or is he donating his fee towards the upkeep of the Club????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Is Henry Jnr expecting a cheque in the post then Henry, or is he donating his fee towards the upkeep of the Club????

I can neither confirm or deny.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]I often wondered what that Rick Everett did for his money...

Do you mean Rick Everitt or Mike Everett?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]I often wondered what that Rick Everett did for his money...

It's a long running joke.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]

It's a long running joke.

Sorry - I'm new here.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]Just had another email from mick:
    Dan
    They are not off the shelf kits either, they are being specially made for the club.
    Regards

Mick Everett
    Operations Director
    The Valley
    Floyd Road
    Charlton
    SE7 8BL

Quality! :)
    Ooooo....

'Being specially made for the club'....

Much better than the 'off the shelf' shite they've been selling to us for years, then...