Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goals you remember for some reason

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Apart from the obvious ones, anyone got a goal that just stands out for them for no apparent reason or for some weird and wonderful one.
Just been thinking today that maybe we have already seen Bent's last goal for the club. Hope not, but that was one that will prob stay in the memory.
The one that always stays in my mind for no real reason I can explain other than he just looked really pleased he had done it, was Pringle's goal against Chelsea a few seasons back to make it 2-0. I've no idea why that's one that is so vivid, but it was a neat little header at the near post at a time when Chelsea were looking a bit lively and like they might get back in it. That finished them off.
I've seen better goals, more important ones, funnier ones even , but that goal is as clear as anything.....
Weird!
Anyone else got one like that?

Comments

• Options
    Chris Bart- Williams against Derby a few seasons back. Free kick that won us the game.

Nothing remarkable about it but at the time I felt we really needed to win that game to keep out of trouble and we did thanks to CBW.
  • Options
    I think mine has got to be Danny Mills free kick goal awat at Aston Villa,i was there and it secured a 4-3 victory,even though we were relegated the following week when we lost to Sheffield Wednesday.I also remember Andy Petterson being sent offf in the same game and Steve Brown taking over and he made 1 or 2 great saves.Also the Clive Mendonca hat-trick versus Southampton in the 5-0 victory......:-).......Those were the days
  • Options
    clause jenson when we won 4-2 at highbury!!!! lobbed the keeper from wide right hit the far post and went in!

SPECIAL!!!!!!
  • Options
    Claus J's winner against Blackburn - cos they had just equalised when Friedel went up for a corner in the last minute and scored (though was offside). Also John Robinson's equaliser against Man U for the sheer joy of the result.
  • Options
    Charlie Macdonald equalizer against Newcastle. 1-1 I think it finished
  • Options
    Darren Ambrose goal against Man Utd last season.

Every one of Clive Mendonca's hatrick and Richard Rufus's equaliser of the 4-4 PlayOff Final.
    How we kept coming back from the dead, I'll never know.

Should I dig into my 60's, 70's & 80's archive?......erm, another time. ;-)
  • Options
    For some reason, a goal that sticks in my head is Carl Leaburn at Upton Park in 1991/92 against Bristol Rovers.
    It was a crap game and looking like a 0-0 when Robert Lee managed to get some space on the right and curl a beautiful cross to the backpost where the much maligned Carl soared above the centre-half and bulleted home a terrific header. It was the only goal of the game and I was in the main stand right behind Carl when he scored it and it has just stuck in my head all these years because of its sheer simplicity.
  • Options
    Bent vs Chelsea in the cup last year, Huth tumbling and him slotting it away.

Brilliant night.
  • Options
    a carl leaburn goal at upton park in the last 5 mins against grimsby to make it a 1-3 defeat.
    it was just after we got knocked out of the league cup by bury so i tried to cash in on how shit we really were then by putting a fiver on grimsby to win 3-0 @ 50-1. never has a meaningless goal meant so much.
  • Options
    Talking of Carlo scoring goals...a left footed shot around '93/94 vs Reading that won the game, facing the Covered End and relatively early on in the game - first ten minutes. Charlton won one nil. Memorable because it was definitely scored with his left boot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kevin Lisbie's late volley at Ipswich a few years back in a 1-0 win, absolutely sweating in their away end as it was like a greenhouse but remember the goal for it's quality and for the sheer amazement that he'd scored it.
  • Options
    Mortimers left foot volley v Chelsea at Selhurst 1989 in think. We beat them 3-0. Then again, Mickey bennet thundering down the wing and crossing for Paul Williams to score at Carrow Rd. Great Days......
  • Options
    A Hales goal against Bolton Wanderers in the early 80s to keep us up. Totally different to his usual goals because for this one he sprinted through their deffence.

Also a Kinsella goal at Tranmere cos he totally mugged the GK and it rolled into the centre of the net.
  • Options
    Yakubu on Saturday, It was the beginning of the End!
  • Options
    Leaburn's penalty at Portman Road to seal his hatrick.

just could not believe he had scored three in one game
  • Options
    BentD scored an absolute hum dinger V brum in his first season, got onto a through ball on the half way line with Melchiot and the keeper to beat, murdered Melchiot for pace and strength, raced though to the edge of the box and nailed it into the top corner from around 25 yards, fantastic goal, a realisation that this boy is the real deal, and in celebrating a shoulder dislocation was both joy and pain.

Great great goal.
  • Options
    Killers record breaking goal at home to Huddersfield Town, just a typical killer header & salute to the covered end to bring us back to 1-2 a game which we eventually drew 2-2.
  • Options
    Paul Mortimers mazey run at carrow road away, late eighties i think, he must've beaten 5 men before slottting it away in the bottom corner... the most gifted charlton player ever and scorer of memorable goals
  • Options
    two come to mind straight away - ray treacey's volley against derby in front of the covered end and flash against cambridge, edge of the box, back to the goal, defenders all around him, turned on the spot and placed it into the back of the net...sheer class...
  • Options
    Newts 25 yard header.

Was it vs Norwich or Huddersfield?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huddersfield - edge of the area.
  • Options
    John Robinson also scored a screamer away at Huddersfield in a 2-1 win
  • Options
    Colin Walsh in the 1st game back at the vallet
  • Options
    alan simonsen scored a cracking goal at hillsborough. i was so exited to be watching a former european player of the year in our colours. i think we lost 4-1 but his goal was just class. i don't think iv'e seen that kind of a classy finisher since, until bent came along. he is at that kind of level. european player of the year materal, i have not doubts. (but not whilst with us i'm afriad)