Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Of The Out Of Contract Players.....

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
....who do you feel is a must to sign up for next season?

For me its Dailly. He was still charging around after 120 mins on Monday. Personally, I'd offer him another year and make him captain if/when Bailey goes.

Comments

• Options
    Dailly I agree with, also Sam Sodje. Yes he has weaknesses in his game but he is at least passable at this level, knows the area and the club and surely wont be on whopping wages with his injury hastles. Plus, if one/both of those two leave, our first choice CB by default would be Llera, who while decent I would be much happier having as a sub than as a first choice.
  • Options
    Yh for me its defo christian dailly

i would also like to see Lloyd Sam to stay aswell because although he can be a lazy bugger sometimes
    at least he gets some decent crosses in and the its up to deon or anyone else whos up front
  • Options
    Dailly numero uno for me two just showed how much fitter he is then anyone else at his ripe age :)
  • Options
    After what Murray was reported to say earlier on about some of the out of contract players being shipped out I just hope it don't back fire by some of the players we need simply buggering off...
  • Options
    dailly - yep sam sodje i think will stay now we've signed his little bro.

Randolph, Solly and wagstaff out of the youngsters
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]dailly - yep sam sodje i think will stay now we've signed his little bro.

Same here, Daily is a must for me, we'll struggle to get a defender of his quality to replace him if we let him go
  • Options
    dailly yes,randolph yes but he has put himself in the shop window and showed he should have been playin all year,he will go to a bigger club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]dailly - yep sam sodje i think will stay now we've signed his little bro.

This + Spring
    He will be a big player for us next season
  • Options
    In order of priority id go for; Dailly, Wagstaff, Sodje, Randolph, Spring and Solly. The rest can go.
  • Options
    In order:-

Sam
    Solly
    Sodje
    Dailly
    Randolph
    Waggy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does no one wants to keep Basey or Stavrinou? With the lower budget Basey is ideal as 2nd choice left back and as a versatile player, while Stavrinou might replace Spring if he won't take a wage cut.

Are we assuming Burton will go?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In order

Dailly
    Randolph
    Sodje
    Sam
    Spring
    Solly
    Stavrinou

No to Basey and Wagstaff IMO
  • Options
    Dailly, Randolph, Burton, Sam, Sodje

Ideally

Basey maybe unless we get another left back and Youga isn't fit.
  • Options
    imo Stavrinou must stay. Maybe a bit too similar to Semedo for a regular place but once Semedo goes he'll nail down a CM spot as his own. Dailly must stay and I'd like Randolph, Solly, Waggy and Basey to stay as well. We need to build a team around our youth players that can seriously challenge for promotion the season after next. If Stav stays then Spring can go and I'm not bothered if Sodje (S) stays or goes but if he stays shouldn't be a first team regular but his dodgy knees are now becoming a problem. Need to get a young CH in from somewhere.
  • Options
    One of Semedo or Racon would be a huge plus, is this unrealistic ?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Surprised not many people seemed to have mentioned Deon, think he is so important to our team at the minute.

Would love to keep a spine of Burton, Semedo and Dailly. I think if we had these players done the middle and a few decent frees/loans/young players elsewhere we can have a real push again next year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]One of Semedo or Racon would be a huge plus, is this unrealistic ?
    They're not out of contract, so if they go we'd at least get a fee.
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Need to get a young CH in from somewhere.
    Do you think Mambo or Basey could be that player at some point?
  • Options
    Wouldn't have too much so Shrew, the money made from one could be used to pay the wages of the other (hypothetically) I'd rather it was Semedo we kept though. Basey I would only re-sign if there was definite evidence his injury is clearing up and won't come back to haunt him Sam Sodje-style, it sounds horrible but we can't spare wages for someone who would be unable to play regularly.
  • Options
    Semedo bailey and racon will all depend aupon what offers are in for them - mainly in terms of wages to them.
  • Options
    Basey should only be kept as a back up defensive midfielder or 4th choice centre half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So has Stavrinou been a star in the conference then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]So has Stavrinou been a star in the conference then?
    Won Ebbsfleet's Young Player of the Year, though they were relegated. Not sure he'll be good enough, just know others rate him. Considering how many games Spring played, Stavrinou might be worth keeping as back up like Solly, Basey and Wagstaff have been. I doubt we can afford a 4th or 5th choice midfielder like Spring again on a decent wage.
  • Options
    Dailly was superb on Monday night. Definitely want to see him given one more season.

He'll be more than good enough again at this level.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Basey keep, done excellent job before injury. if youga is fit and stays really would love to see them form a partnership assuming reidy cant stay, all ifs and buts at this stage but basey is a quality player can play LB, CB, CM, LM so would be useful if not a starter

I think he is similar player to Bale, who didnt have the pace at first but has somehow learnt it? so could do similar job for us if we dont get a so called proper winger in
  • Options
    I agree, Johnnybev - Basey deserves a chance to come back after such an injury, even if the least we do is keep him training with us and offer him a "pay as you play" contract. The lad has been at Charlton since he was about nine years old - would be awful to just chuck him out now.
  • Options
    Basey will be back, the club wouldn't have paid to send him off to America to have surgery if they weren't keeping him.

Admittedly my only sighting of Stavrinou was at Hereford but from the evidence that night, I didn't think he was good enough to be a regular starter for us. We need a physical presence in midfield and he didn't look like he had that to me. Nice and pretty on the ball but didn't look physical enough for my liking. God help us if he's replacing Semedo.

Then again, everyone who played that night was awful so could just be a bad team performance making him look worse than when others have seen him
  • Options
    basey couldn't cut it at this level, his he is just too slow, and now the injury. The club need to do the right thing by him in perhaps a 1 year deal but nothing more
  • Options
    Dean Bowditch being released by yeovil, didnt do too bad this season correct me if im wrong. also has looked good at ipswich in the past and would be regular goalscorer in my opinion
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Dean Bowditch being released by yeovil, didnt do too bad this season correct me if im wrong. also has looked good at ipswich in the past and would be regular goalscorer in my opinion
    Why are Yeovil releasing him though?
  • Options
    I hope the medical staff checkout Sam Sodje's knee thoroughly before we offer him a contract.

We can't afford anymore non-playing players on decent wages.