Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Woman died after doctors failed to spot toilet brush in her buttocks

Bizarre :-

A mother died after doctors repeatedly failed to spot a toilet brush handle embedded in her buttock.

Cindy Corton, 35, was left with the bizarre injury after a drunken fall in a friend's bathroom in 2005.

She was twice seen by hospital staff in the aftermath of the incident and an X-ray was carried out.

But an inquest heard it took Mrs Corton, of Sleaford, Lincolnshire, two years to convince doctors that the handle was lodged in flesh of her bottom.

By then what should have been a routine procedure to remove it had become much more dangerous.

After two unsuccessful operations in 2007, Mrs Corton underwent further, much riskier surgery and died from massive blood loss at Nottingham's Queen's Medical Centre in June last year.

Recording a narrative verdict, coroner Stuart Fisher criticised Dr Killian Mbewe, who first examined Mrs Corton at Grantham hospital.

After the inquest, husband Peter Corton said: "Cindy got a very poor service from the NHS.

"I'm sure she would have got better treatment in foreign countries."

Comments

• Options
    This is pretty shocking, surely it can't have been difficult to miss, and certainly difficult to miss for 2 years! Its one of the oddest stories I've heard in a long time
  • Options
    My mate used to be a radiographer at the Brook. The stories he told never ceased to amaze me - the things that people shoved up their rectums and the excuses they'd give him. One bloke came in with a gear stick inside him - he told my mate it happened because the driver's door jammed and he got it caught as he moved to the passenger door. My mate being the master of discretion asked if he normally drove around with no trousers and pants.

Another bloke had various vegetables inside him - my tactful mate asked him if he was a greengrocer!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Now that's what I call a brush with death...

Apparently her husband's being treated for having splinters in his dick...
  • Options
    Thats toilet humor redzed333
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Apparently, one of the doctors did spot it and was quoted as saying "She'll soon get it out of her cistern".

I'm 'ere all week.
  • Options
    Bum deal from the NHS
  • Options
    My sister-in-law is a nurse, she heard the following (from a guy): "I was peeling potatoes in the bath to save water...when one of them slipped...". You couldn't make it up.
  • Options
    Surely, she got the 'shit end' of the stick..... Did she eventually come out of the 'closet'

Going down on a bog brush.... I suppose this is the equivelent of the 'Hoover' for men scenario ' Beat as it, cleans as it wanks!.....
  • Options
    How big must her arse have been to have a toilet brush handle lodged in the flesh of her buttocks and no one could see it?
  • Options
    Bizarre also

IN China, a fourteen-year-old boy was killed when the chair he was sitting on exploded.

Parts of the chair entered the boy’s rectum. The result was extensive bleeding. And it killed him.

The killer chair is a gas cylinder type, of the type seen at computer work stations. In blue.

The height is altered by an adjustable cylinder containing highly pressurised gas. It is this that exploded.

In 2007 another chair exploded, propelling a 20cm part into the backside of a 68-year-old man. He lived.

Made in China. Buyer beware…