Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club confirms that six players - McKenzie, Spring, Dickson, Sinclair, Clark and Warner to leave club

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
os

Comments

• Options
    Thought Warner did well for us
  • Options
    no surprises there.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I assume will will offer contracts to the others but weather they will accept or not is another thing.
  • Options
    Someone fix that heading. ta.
  • Options
    Shame that we're losing Spring, I think he's decent. Not any major blows there though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Thought Warner did well for us

money well spent as were the other named players who have influenced us tremendously , shame to see them all go ... must be all pardews rubbish
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GNelson[/cite]Shame that we're losing Spring, I think he's decent. Not any major blows there though

Agreed, if we are going to lose the rest of our midfield as is expected I thought he could have done a decent job for us next season. I think there may be "behind the scenes" issues with him which is why he was the forgotten man towards the end of the season.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Pretty much what we expected. Good to see we won't be gambling on McKenzie.

Leon McKenzie, Matt Spring, Chris Dickson, Dean Sinclair, Jack Clark and Tony Warner gone.

That leaves

Sodje, Sam, Dailly, Burton, Wagstaff, Randolph, Solly, Basey and Stavrinou.

I guess some like Sam will be considering their options first.

I get the feeling Dailly will be happy to stay.

I'd say it's likely Wagstaff, Solly, Basey and Stavrinou will stay, all as cheap squad players.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    quite surprised that Spring has been let go, no surprises with the others, Jesus, McKenzie must've cost us a fair bit in wages...
  • Options
    Spring was just another limp midfielder who scored against Palace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Thought Warner did well for us

Can't really class that as money wasting - down to one fit keeper at the time so had to get back up in.

As for Sinclair - Pardew at his very worst. Knew when we signed him that he'd never get near the first team. What an utter waste of £250k(?). Same with Fleetwood, spending money for the sake of it.
  • Options
    I'm a bit surprised to see Spring go, as I thought he was ok, not fantastic, but not terrible.

The other surprise is Warner - I know he was on loan, but I thought we might have tried to sign him - it almost makes me believe that we'll be keeping Rob and Darren.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]I'm a bit surprised to see Spring go, as I thought he was ok, not fantastic, but not terrible.

The other surprise is Warner - I know he was on loan, but I thought we might have tried to sign him - it almost makes me believe that we'll be keeping Rob and Darren.
    Think we're looking to save money and will probably get Stavrinou and/or Basey to be the back up defensive midfielder.

Warner was a free, Hull released him a few months before we signed him.
  • Options
    Sensible enough.

As others have said Spring is the only one who might have had something to offer. McKenzie is too injury prone and the others aren't up to it except Warner and hopefully that means we will keep both Randolph and Elliot.

If I put Oggy's rose tinteds on releasing Spring might mean that we intend to keep Semedo.

Well we can hope!
  • Options
    Good riddance to Sinclair and Dickson. 2 of many pathetic buys by that c*ck Pardew.
  • Options
    So how much has that saved on the wage bill?

Fleetwood will probably be loaned somewhere next year, same with McLeod.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]So how much has that saved on the wage bill?

Fleetwood will probably be loaned somewhere next year, same with McLeod.

Pardew signed Sinclair so he was probably on a decent screw.
  • Options
    no issue with any of that.

Clearing Moo2 and McLeod out without taking too much of a financial hit is probably the most important thing on the immediate horizon.

Can't see it happening without being financially painful though...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]no issue with any of that.

Clearing Moo2 and McLeod out without taking too much of a financial hit is probably the most important thing on the immediate horizon.

Can't see it happening without being financially painful though...
    At least clubs seem willing to take a chance on McLeod, gone out on loan every season with us.

After doing nothing at Motherwell and clubs seeing we never play him, they're surely going to be careful about taking a risk on him.
  • Options
    suprised at clark - thought he was highly rated youngster and is probably only on £200 a week or so
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No real surprises, thought maybe would have kept spring but maybe this is a sign Semedo won't be sold (please). Spring never really got a chance but I think he did well when called upon, Leeds away springs to mind.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]suprised at clark - thought he was highly rated youngster and is probably only on £200 a week or so
    Now that would be below the minimum wage
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]So how much has that saved on the wage bill?

just over £1m i reckon
  • Options
    Apart from Spring, no problems, must mean we are keeping Bailey*, Racon* and Semedo* then!!!

Hope we shift Moo2 + McClot pretty quick.

Has Paddy Powell still got his boots?

*Glass half full
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Apart from Spring, no problems, must mean we are keeping Bailey*, Racon* and Semedo* then!!!

Hope we shift Moo2 + McClot pretty quick.

Has Paddy Powell still got his boots?

*Glass half full

Thats a big glass, and it's more than half full!
  • Options
    Idiots releasing spring... good player, could have played a big part next season
  • Options
    sorry, have to disagree with you all on Spring..........a nothing player and at best a por mans Bryan Hughes (both scored against palace, incidently !)

Please note - he was Parky's first signing for money..........never got anywhere making an impression in the first team. Glad to see Parky has the same eye for a player as Pardew did.

Oh - Mackenzie was one of his as well and trumpetted to be a great signing. Ho Ho Ho
  • Options
    would have liked to have seen mckenzie get a decent run had he not been injured as could have done well at this level i think.
  • Options
    No problems with releasing any of those. As Sinclair was signed for a £125,000 development fee and hasn't developed can we ask Barnet for our money back?
  • Options
    Every manager makes bad signings even curbs (El Khalej) but i wouldnt call McKenzie and Spring "BAD" signings! McKenzie was a risk worth taking, sadly it failed (ala curbs with Jesper Blomvqist).
    Spring at the time was needed at the time as we had Racon & Semedo out injured most of last season, he didnt do too badly in a very poor team. He also done very well when called upon this year (highlights include Leeds Away and the ball for Llera's last min equaliser against swindon on boxing day). At least we didnt pay major money for them.