Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Season

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
If they do go up to the Championship, will you be pleased you will not be playing them next season.
What will be the first fixture you will look for now.

Comments

• Options
    I will look for our first game. Last 3 years we've had a promoted side at home. Probably be away to a mid table side this time.
  • Options
    i thought leeds were up
  • Options
    "You"? Are you not a Charlton fan then?

Oh no I forgot your that lazy journalist who wants us to do your work for him.

Tell you what. How about you tell us who you are and who you write for and then make a donation to Demelza House (see the stick at the top of the page).

Then you can just ask honest questions in the hope of getting honest answers.

Personally I've got no problem with journalists using the site but I do think you should be upfront about who and what you are.

PS that's a really poorly worded question. Proper Nouns please.
  • Options
    Isn't everyone on here anonymous.
    Henry my boy, are you saying you did not understand the question.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Yllek[/cite]Isn't everyone on here anonymous.
    Henry my boy, are you saying you did not understand the question.

No, I understood it fully but that doesn't mean it wasn't badly worded.

And no, not everyone on here is anonymous.

You haven't actually responded to my points so I'll re-phrase them.

Are you a professional journalist?

If so which publication/s do you work for?

Will you make a contribution to Demelza House?
  • Options
    whos 'they' ???
  • Options
    swindon
  • Options
    or 'Millwall' ??? whos cares ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]swindon

I thought she meant Blackpool : - )
  • Options
    probably that turd jiggins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going by the titles, if they are not anonymous they sure have some strange names.
    Are you still doing impressions?
    Is it polite to ask people what they do for a living, what are you so worried about ?
    A very worthwhile charity, what will donating prove. Not that i won't.

I think you should give andyaddick some english lessons aswell.
  • Options
    You've not answered the question.

Are you a journalist?

If you are why be ashamed and hide it.

If not then just say so.

Your dodging of the question and your fishing trips suggests that you are.
  • Options
    I think it is perfectly OK to ask people what kind of work they do. In fact, it seems to be the norm when meeting people. Seems quite reasonable to me to ask you if you are a journalist and whether or not you will gain financially from picking other people's brains. However. I am willing to answer your question, on the understanding that none of my comments may be used or published in any form without the full and written consent of those persons responsible for this site. So in answer to your question, I wish to say that I don't understand your question.
  • Options
    I fit carpets and am,indeed, a "Miserable Old(ish) Git".
  • Options
    I work in health and safety for a property company, so Yllek tell us about yourself..
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Yllek[/cite]Going by the titles, if they are not anonymous they sure have some strange names.

if you were here to do more than have someone write your articles for you, you would know that alot of the posters on here have divulged their identities before. In fact if you were a Charlton fan you'd know who they were from back in the day.
    [cite]Posted By: Yllek[/cite]Is it polite to ask people what they do for a living, what are you so worried about ?
    It is if there is an ulterior motive to your questions, then in my opinion, yes. If you actually contributed to discussions then we may see past your profession, but the fact you're purely on here to use our quotes and then twist them to suit whatever agenda you have this week, makes people a little concerned. And for the record I do not wish to be considered a 'Charlton insider' so don't call me that if you are quoting me.

[cite]Posted By: Yllek[/cite]A very worthwhile charity, what will donating prove. Not that i won't.
    As a journalist I presume you're familiar with the principle of the double negative, and how it holds no value in the english language.

Just to clarify, you refuse to say whether you will donate to Demelza (with some of the gains you get from using the site to get quotes), but you also won't state whether you won't donate to Demelza. With clarity like that, I suggest you become a politician
  • Options
    Surely it is nothing to do with what profession you are. Is hiding behind non de plumes open and honest?.
    What diference does it make what a poster does for a living. Does it make them worthy!!!!!!!!!1

Allez ' Charlton Insiders' think you must be reading another thread.

The double negative, justifiable in the context that if you read a red top you will constantly read them.
    Or have you not noticed?
    Makes no difference really.
    Just asked a simple question at the outset, cannot believe you are so touchy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]I think it is perfectly OK to ask people what kind of work they do. In fact, it seems to be the norm when meeting people. Seems quite reasonable to me to ask you if you are a journalist and whether or not you will gain financially from picking other people's brains. However. I am willing to answer your question, on the understanding that none of my comments may be used or published in any form without the full and written consent of those persons responsible for this site. So in answer to your question, I wish to say that I don't understand your question.

This.
  • Options
    Quoting the original post on this thread for posterity
    [cite]Posted By: Yllek[/cite]If they do go up to the Championship, will you be pleased you will not be playing them next season.
    and then later:
    [cite]Posted By: Yllek[/cite]Just asked a simple question at the outset, cannot believe you are so touchy
    Not that simple a question, seeing as you don't specify who "they" are. We're not psychic you know.
  • Options
    being able to spell dosnt mean u aint a complete dick though mate so jog on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yllek. It's Nom de plume not non ! Whatever newspaper you write for I doubt that it's The Times.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Yllek. It's Nom de plume not non ! Whatever newspaper you write for I doubt that it's The Times.[/quote]

Judging by the attitudes should it be "Nom de guerre" I'm retired and never been a journalist.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Yllek[/cite]If they do go up to the Championship, will you be pleased you will not be playing them next season.
    Assuming you mean the spanners are going up then the first fixture I'll be looking for will Hartlepool away...

There, a simple question given a simple answer, quite easy really...

And before you ask, I stick needles in the arses of mad people, it's not the only thing I do but it's the bit I like best...

And yllek, if that's your real name, don't mind Henry, he's just a failed hack that got bitten by a journo when he was little...;0)