Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Downside of Summer Weather

You think you might spend a bit of time outside in the fresh air relaxing or, if working, open the windows and some selfish git makes a racket with a chainsaw/strimmer/lawnmower/cement mixer/ hammer etc delete as appropiate!

I am not a violent man but I am on the verge of walking down the road from my office and placing the chainsaw which has been making a racket for at least 6 hours where the sun definitely does not shine!

Am I an unreasonable miserable old git or have I touched a chord others might empathise with?

Comments

• Cheer up Len, in four weeks the days start getting shorter again and winter is on it's way!
  • [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Cheer up Len, in four weeks the days start getting shorter again and winter is on it's way!

That is a depressing thought!
  • guy three doors away started cutting his grass at 8.30am on Sunday morning. Tad early I thought.
  • As a student, there is nothing more annoying than hot weather while studying. Its impossible to concentrate when you are constantly sweaty and sticky.
  • I am well and truly burnt.
  • As someone who works in H&S and Premises, I am sick and tired of calls about peoples air con......I have had a huge amount, like I have nothing else to do than bail out some manager who failed to arrange the servicing...
  • According to country file yesterday the weather is about to turn cold again, north winds comming cooling us right down to single digit tempretures and possibilty of snow in scotland!! And I just put all our winter coats in the loft!!!!

As a semi pro perv I for one am enjoying the recent warm weather, I nearly crashed my golf yesterday driving back from asda in charlton!! Walking up church lane, jesus!!! Skirt the size of a melteeser wrapper and see through and low cut teeshirt..
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]According to country file yesterday the weather is about to turn cold again, north winds comming cooling us right down to single digit tempretures and possibilty of snow in scotland!! And I just put all our winter coats in the loft!!!!

As a semi pro perv I for one am enjoying the recent warm weather, I nearly crashed my golf yesterday driving back from asda in charlton!! Walking up church lane, jesus!!! Skirt the size of a melteeser wrapper and see through and low cut teeshirt..

made me laugh out loud that comment.....must admit the city is great today !
  • Indeed Eastcheap is alive with young fillies striding along in not a lot, and by god are some of them fit.....I may go blind
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]guy three doors away started cutting his grass at 8.30am on Sunday morning. Tad early I thought.[/quote]

Bit out of order on a Sunday morning, I reckon on starting anything like that after 10am, I would have had a word.
  • Sponsored links:

• Poxy south eastern trains!!!! Too hot!!
  • Tennis
  • Large I feel your pain, I have annoying neighbours too. There always banging on the walls, some nights I can't hear myself drilling..
  • edited May 2010
    The worst thing about summer weather is all the people that seem genetically pre-disposed to whinge and whine about it. Four days of reasonably decent weather in 12 months and all of a sudden, "click", the whining gene kicks in. Why don't they bugger off the Norway or Newfoundland, they'd be well happy there.
  • We only walked 8 miles on Thames Path yesterday as it was too hot. Then ended up being sick with heat exhaustion
  • If you lived in a country where it was this hot all the time, you'd be sectioned for trying to walk 8 miles.
  • Today is actually Tit Monday....

Tit Monday
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Tennis

Ditto, hate the bloody game.
  • You lot are lucky, I'm ginger. It had only been sunny like this for about 20 minutes and already my skin had taken on a reddish tinge!
  • Anything over 25c, the train service falls apart
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Anything over 25c, the train service falls apart[/quote]Yep, got to Petersfield station at 4:25 and got in just before 8. Have to feel sorry for those going to the England game tonight.
  • Sitting in the garden with the Good lady and a glass of something cold, and some git lights a bonfire : (
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]guy three doors away started cutting his grass at 8.30am on Sunday morning. Tad early I thought.

next door started mowing his lawn at 830 tonight and finished at 920

a little unreasonable I thought

they Hoover on a Friday night at 830 too!
  • This time last year on a gorgeous sunny afternoon, we went to our deserted beach at the Mull of Kintyre, only to find the peace shattered by two jet-skiers...

Next day the local farmer apparently had a quiet word and reminded them about his shotgun.

Haven't seen them since...
  • As soon as the Sun comes out so do those dreaded Jaspers (Wasps) cannot stand them, they make me nervous & I am scared sh*tless of them.
  • Grass stains!
  • [cite]Posted By: Georgeofthevalley[/cite]You lot are lucky, I'm ginger.
    Poor bugger.... ;-p