Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mick Hucknall to front The Faces. . .

instead of Rod Stewart.

Oof.

Comments

• Options
    oh, for f**** sake.
  • Options
    whattt!

Wood, Jones and McLagan must have been pissed whe they agreed to this... just a travesty
  • Options
    Joke surely ?
  • Options
    what next?

Michael Buble fronting the Clash?

Paul Rodgers singing with Queen?
  • Options
    Seventies chart stars The Faces are to reunite, with Mick Hucknall taking Rod Stewart's role.

The performance at a new summer festival will also feature former Sex Pistol Glen Matlock, playing bass in place of the late Ronnie Lane.

The group split in 1975, re-forming for a one-off charity show at the Royal Albert Hall last year with a range of vocalists for the absent Stewart.

Guitarist Ronnie Wood, drummer Kenney Jones and Ian McLagan have now decided to again play live with a show at the music and design festival Vintage At Goodwood on August 13.
  • Options
    STOP PRESS:

Louis Spence to front reformed mod icons The Jam.
  • Options
    "The performance at a new summer festival will also feature former Sex Pistol Glen Matlock, playing bass in place of the late Ronnie Lane."

Diabolical liberty!!

Whatever next Gareth Gates 'replacing' Steve Marriott?
  • Options
    This is a travesty. The Faces are my second all time favourite band. The first was the Small Faces.
    Stevie Marriot, Rod Stewart and then......... eeughhh a singer with one of the most annoying voices of all time.
    I think I'm going to be sick
  • Options
    susan boyle and the banshees on the same bill?
  • Options
    susan boyle and the banshees on the same bill?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are they playing two sets Henry?
  • Options
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Simply Red.....
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The Anti-Nowhere League featuring Sir Cliff Richard

Motorhead and the Nolan sisters - hold on, they've done that already!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]"The performance at a new summer festival will also feature former Sex Pistol Glen Matlock, playing bass in place of the late Ronnie Lane."

Diabolical liberty!!

Whatever next Gareth Gates 'replacing' Steve Marriott?

I saw McLagan's Bump band a few years ago with about 100 others at the Jazz Cafe. Matlock was in the audience (and so was Weller and Wood). Matlock is a fan so I think he will be OK.

Hucknall is a total twat and should be banned from fronting any Faces related group.

Now all go and buy 'Last Orders Please: Rod Stewart, the "Faces" and the Britain We Forgot' by Charlton Upper North season ticket holder Jim Melly
  • Options
    Jim Reeves and the Vandellas...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Words cannot describe how much I hate Simply Red.....

Go on Postie....Try !
    ;-)
  • Options
    I loved the Faces! As a teenage guitarist I used to dream of being in the Faces - sod being all serious about music - they made a great sound, were normally p1ssed and everybody had a great time at their gigs. As it happens, Ronnie Wood is not the most technically gifted guitarist, but personally, I found it impossible to emulate his sound.

It's a shame that Rod won't be singing - I agree with the general sentiment regarding Mick Hucknall. What's Bonnie Tyler up to these days - is she available for the gig???
  • Options
    He'd be better fronting the Arses
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Words cannot describe how much I hate Simply Red.....

Crap fronted by a ginger twat would be a good start!
  • Options
    See what happens when you get loanees in!....

The original faces were a great live band, worth a place on any festival. Marriott and Lane two of the greats from the British music scene.

This seems tragically sad!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The guy has done a lot for the easy listening/something or other scene, and made millions in the process. Say no more, your posts about his actions have no value to anyone.
  • Options
    why does he have to talk with that stupid northern accent
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]The guy has done a lot for the easy listening/something or other scene, and made millions in the process. Say no more, your posts about his actions have no value to anyone.

Lol!!!
  • Options
    The man should go nowhere near The Faces...... Nice bloke to talk to away from the stage though... but not right for The Faces.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]He'd be better fronting the Arses

that made me laugh !
  • Options
    Saw Woody and Jones talking about Hucknell on TV yesterday, the gig came about cos Hucknell got up with the aformentioned and sung Stay With me at a gig, They both reckon Hucknell blew them away!!!? Deaf old twats! They also said that with his solo gigs and tours they cant get Rod the Mod to sing but they wanted to do a Faces gig and asked Hucknell...wonder if they should called themselves The Faeces?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]why does he have to talk with that stupid northern accent
    Because he's a stupid northern twat...
  • Options
    Coming soon to a stage near you: Nuclear Assault - with Heather Small on vocals.
  • Options
    I wouldnt mind going to see them...might be suprised.