Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eurovison 2010

Comments

• Options
    We have, but so has the world and its mother...so its gone in the trash!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Mister Windscreen[/cite]Even poor old Josh is doubting his initial wisdom of ever applying to be part of this trashfest.

Josh Dubovie Official Number 269 on iTunes with 'That Sounds Good To Me'. At the moment that does not sound good to me, hehe!!

His own words...poor sod.

9/4 to finish last!
    If our song is rubbish, we're in the final by default, and the rest of Europe hates us thats got to be good odds surely?
    PeteF - your thoughts please?
  • Options
    Let's see what happens in tonights Semi Final and then we'll have a better idea of who will win.

Still amazed that the Russian song got through on Tuesday even though it's worse than ours - Honest.
  • Options
    Chris, 9/4 is tempting, but I dont think we will finish bottom, there is some serious cack out there! despite us being hated, with regard to us being in the final, its because we pay the most to put the contest on, without us and a few others there would be no song contest.
    Not sure how the new voting system will work and if it will stop the Eastern Block voting shenanigans.
  • Options
    UK to finish last is a good bet, at 9/4 odds even more so. Spain and Norway have songs that Eurovision likes, and Germany are one of the favourites. France is a tough one to call - much better than the UK song, but it's RnB, so who knows how it'll play.

Belgium is still my tip for an each way bet. Serbia and Turkey the other two to watch.
  • Options
    Holland are out.
  • Options
    Of course they are - I just put a bet on them!

Why did anyone think they would win - was their song any good? (not very likely for the ESC, I admit).
  • Options
    PETE F The Dutch to win was that the world cup or The Eurovision.Eastern block takes all on saturday.
  • Options
    Bugger!!!!
  • Options
    The new voting system has clearly failed! I blame the Russians, nice to see a rather plump Mrs Doyle into the final for Ireland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PeteF.........Now what is this eurovision drinking game all about,i feel like agood saturday night .
  • Options
    Ok Lewis, I guarantee you will be wasted by the end!

In this drinking game, there are three sizes of drink; in ascending order: sip, slurp and chug. Please scale these to the drink you're having. For beer, they would be about a swig, a full mouthful, and three gulps respectively. For spirits, they would be about a quarter, a half and a whole shot glass respectively.
    Have fun, but know your limits!
    the game
    Unless stated otherwise, all events listed below deserve one sip.
    Presenters

There are always two presenters on screen, a Host and a Hostess. Each broadcaster usually provides an additional Commentator to provide voice-over translations, background information and witty sarcasm.
    The Commentator makes a satirical comment that no-one laughs at
    The Host and Hostess try and fail to be funny
    The Host and Hostess sing
    The Host and Hostess speak in rhyme
    The Host and Hostess gaze into each others eyes
    The Host and Hostess kiss: chug
    The Hostess changes her dress
    The Host changes his outfit: slurp
    Presenters having a time-wasting conversation that no-one can follow, understand or care less about
    Performances — general points

Song has a tacky or nonsensical title (shoo-wop etc.)
    Politically-related metaphor (e.g. breaking out of chains, shedding a black cloak to reveal white clothes)
    Lyrics are literally demonstrated in the performance
    Act steals ideas from Eurovision acts from previous years
    Use of props (e.g. candles, ribbons, dummies, mobile phones)
    Use of pyrotechnics or lasers; if they go wrong: chug
    Interaction with the audience; if the audience is unusually passive: slurp
    Any time the song goes up a key
    France conducts a musical experiment
    France sings in English: chug
    A country from Former Yugoslavia has a depressing song
    Germany's song mentions peace, harmony or love (one sip each)
    A country borrows any performer from another country
    if the borrowed performer is Irish: slurp
    if the country doing the borrowing is Ireland: chug
    For future reference (see Judging below), make a note of any:
    predictions that the Commentator makes about the song
    acts where the attractiveness of the performer(s) is the only thing going for it
    Appearance of performers

Retro/out-of-date clothing and hairstyles
    Bad dress-sense; if utterly offensive: slurp
    Experimental make-up
    Indecently revealing or figure-hugging costumes: slurp
    Overt displays of cleavage
    Codpiece(s): chug
    Faked blond hair (East European countries only)
    Hat(s); if horned: chug
    Sunglasses
    Moustache(s); if female with moustache: chug
    Main singer is grossly overweight
    Malta: male singer does not have a hairy chest: slurp
    Mid-performance costume change
    Singers and back-up vocalists

Sing in a language other than their native tongue, English or French
    Perform through the medium of rap: slurp
    Wink at camera
    Drop to their knees
    Flick their hair; if they flick non-existent hair: chug
    Make a victory/peace ‘V’ sign
    Wave their arms above their heads whilst singing
    Punch the air
    Put excessive emotion into their singing
    Sing out of tune
    Emit high and loud obnoxious noises
    Play or mime along with musicians during instrumentals; if they play badly: slurp
    Resemble someone you know
    Resemble another famous person
    if that person is present in the audience: slurp
    if the camera zooms in and lingers on that person: chug
    Flirt with the camera after finishing
    Dancers and musicians

Play an ‘ethnic’ instrument (includes panpipes)
    Play piano while standing
    ‘Ethnic’ dancing
    Hip-hop style dancing: slurp
    Dancing that detracts from the performance
    Dancing that surpasses belief and credibility
    Pretend fighting: if martial arts, chug
    Contortionist: chug
    Television coverage and venue

Transmission goes a bit wonky
    Preview video is completely pointless
    Preview video is full of gormless smiles
    National symbols are seen somewhere
    Helicopter shots
    Sped up or slowed down film
    Prolonged video mixes
    Colour replacement effects
    Any special effect better than the songs
    Judging

Bad time delays during video/audio link
    Host/Hostess overlap with voter during video/audio link because of the bad delay
    Host/Hostess have to hurry a voter for wasting time with pointless wittering
    The Commentator's predictions come true (one sip each)
    The Commentator is genuinely surprised by a decision
    Bad acts receive high (8+) points due to attractiveness of lead singer
    The Commentator makes a snide comment about regional voting (see below for the usual offenders). Bonus sips for any of the following phrases:
    block voting
    mutual voting society
    still getting used to democracy
    vote for your neighbour contest
    There's a discussion why Israel is involved
    Reference made to Norway having null points
    Norway gives points to Sweden but Sweden does not give any to Norway
    Norway does not give Sweden any points at all: chug
    Cyprus gives Greece 12 points or vice versa
    France does not give United Kingdom any points
    Monaco gives France 12 points
    Germany gives any points at all to Austria: chug
    Greece gives any points at all to Turkey: chug
    United Kingdom gives Ireland 12 points or vice versa
    United Kingdom comes second or last
    Ireland win yet again
    Acts are on their mobile phone to their family during voting
    If the winning country declines to hold the event for any or all of the following: chug
    Financial reasons
    Political reasons
    Personal reasons
    Moral reasons
    Optional extras

Begin each act with a shot of a drink native to that country
    Choose a country to support and
    if it receives 1 to 7 points on any given vote: sip
    if it receives 8, 10 or 12 points: slurp
    if it wins: chug throughout the reprise
  • Options
    Is there any time to actually drink during this drinking game or do you spend all the time reading the rules?!
  • Options
    No Eurovision 2010 Would Ya?
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Stuart the Red[/cite]No Eurovision 2010 Would Ya?

Romania.
    paula_seling__ovi_4-RESIZE-s925-s450-fit.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]The new voting system has clearly failed! I blame the Russians, nice to see a rather plump Mrs Doyle into the final for Ireland.

Go on.
  • Options
    Cheers for that PETE F i will have to have a drink after reading the rules.
    will give it ago if i get near a TV on saturday night.Will let you know how i get on.Then again i could be preoccupied with my own eurovision dutch girl this saturday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]The new voting system has clearly failed! I blame the Russians, nice to see a rather plump Mrs Doyle into the final for Ireland.

Go on.

It's got cocaine in it.
  • Options
    Well at least the youtube video of the UK entry will go down in history.....as having the most offensive comments deleted of any video...lets pull out now!
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]...lets pull out now!

Why should we pull out? Because Pete Waterman and Mike Stock didn't want your version? Sorry but you really do have delusions of grandeur if you think those guys (multi million selling producers and writers) will take advice from you. It's like me telling Chris Evans Danny Baker how he should present a radio show.

The song by Daz a few years ago was worse than this. Compared to some of the other stuff our entry isn't that bad. It wont win, it may come last as we're not very popular in europe.

I really don't understand some people.

(edited to the best Broadcaster on British Radio even if he dos support them !)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great rules Pete so it's basically drink throughout the whole show whatever happens :-)
    Will give it a go tomorrow night sounds a good game to me :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I see Cyprus are being represented by a Welshman that they found on the internet !!

and Croatia's entry is sung by Feminnem, a female Eminen ??
  • Options
    Portuguese entry is sung by a girl from London.

Just watched Justin Lee Collins on Fiver. He tried to represent Ireland. Had a great song written by the pub singer (Ronan Keating) but didn't make it through to their national final. It really is a great pop song and deserved to be heard. Ronan Keating told him that he knew Irish judges had already decided who their entry would be, he was right!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]...lets pull out now!

It's like me telling Chris Evans how he should present a radio show.

I wished someone would.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]...lets pull out now!

It's like me telling Chris Evans how he should present a radio show.

I wished someone would.

You'll have Barts jumping on us for going off topic!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Ronan Keating told him that he knew Irish judges had already decided who their entry would be, he was right!

Songwriter believes his song is the best and was cheated out of winning songwriting competition. Stop the press!

People looking for a bet, my tip is a double: Belgium to finish in the top 4 and UK to finish last. It's really got that quality all rubbish commercial British songs have of getting in your head and making you angrier. Like Cheryl Cole's first song. Grrrrr. Only possibility is that the French song will flop, but I think it's much much better than that Josh bloke. That's got to count for something, right?

By the way, that's my tip, not my favourite or least favourite. I think the Russian song is awful, and my favourite is Armenia. They're dancing around a massive apricot stone, what's not to like?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Blimey BDL...you shouldnt really get that angry over a fun post. And I'm guessing you dont think my songs are as good as Stock Aitken & Watermans?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mister Windscreen[/cite]Blimey BDL...you shouldnt really get that angry over a fun post. And I'm guessing you dont think my songs are as good as Stock Aitken & Watermans?

They may not be up with stuff written by the likes of messrs Lennon and McCartney, but they know how to write a pop song. So, sorry, no I don't think yours are as good as SAW
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You might have heard some of my pop songs but how would you know I wrote them...'cos my name certainly isnt on any of the credits...so name them! If you can't, your last comment is gonna look pretty dumb!
  • Options
    Am confused. How can he name your pop songs if your name isnt credited to them? Let us know which ones.