Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Japan (Bent Watch)...

Comments

• Options
    This is depressingly poor. Absolute pooh - though joe Cole's done more in 15 minutes than Walcott has in the last five games
  • Options
    Terry ....Not the sort of man to go down easily !!!!!!....Not what the papers said ;0)
  • Options
    Own goal....

Serves him right for scoring against us in the first place...
  • Options
    If he doesn't start Joe Cole, let alone take him, he wants his head examined. Still the only England player who can create anything.
  • Options
    Heskey missed open goal...
  • Options
    How was Heskeys chance easier to score??

He made up good ground and dived about 4 yards.

Not his greatest fan but I cant stand either commentators, Townsends a prick
  • Options
    does heskey ever score in any game?
  • Options
    Ah, but Heskey doesn't play for one of the 'big four'. If he did, that would have been a difficult chance.
  • Options
    cant stand strikers who never score.
  • Options
    was never going to happen sums charlton up.In jest just got back from the pub im not bitter bought my mate beers as a millwall fan.We are in demise they have 1 benifactor who has funded a 6 million loss for a couple of years.I love our board to bits but they cant keep funding that deficint for 3 years like their chairman has.Please give me hope Mr Murray,Mr Whitehand,Mr Chapple, ETC we are still with you but plase can you give us some indication where we are going as a club . What strategory that is because we can see what Millwall have done they have built a team what is that our route,now youth plus astute signings.This is the most pissed and hardest post i have written.Please give me something back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just get players who want it,not poxy players who shirk tackles,players that celebrate with the fans,im sorry to say but that rabble this season have nothing about them.
  • Options
    agreed mate how is the old man feeling today ?
  • Options
    Steve - wrong thread :)
  • Options
    im pissed sorry please direct me coz my fingers aint working sorry this really is killing me;-(
  • Options
    very low yesterday,came down mine to watch it,said was going for walk at ht as he did last year,i said dont bother nothing will change the result,swindon have shit it. things change in football quickly if we rid ourselves of the bottlers and such like we may do alright .
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]very low yesterday,came down mine to watch it,said was going for walk at ht as he did last year,i said dont bother nothing will change the result,swindon have shit it. things change in football quickly if we rid ourselves of the bottlers and such like we may do alright .[/quote]

i have nothing against our board i love them with every bone in my body.But let's dust ouselves down where do we go from here ?
  • Options
    what the f**k was that first half formation? Take bent off after giving how many balls to run onto ?
  • Options
    Bent's been nobbled by that Walcott tosser for the second world cup in a row. Not one decent cross from the show pony in the entire first half. (though I only caught the last 15 minutes of it...)
  • Options
    Er steve its safe to say drinking doesnt cheer you up does it? Comeonson we'll be back.
  • Options
    Bent ??? what , when we have the likes of DeFool , Rooney , Crouch , and <cough> Heskey !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I feel sorry for Bent but he won't be on the aeroplane...

Parker neither. Not as sorry for him. he made his own bed.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Er steve its safe to say drinking doesnt cheer you up does it? Comeonson we'll be back.[/quote]
    B where do we go im sooooooooooooooooooooooooo depressed
  • Options
    Didn't see it today, but it always seems to me Darren Bent has the same problem as Robert Key has had in the England cricket set-up. Somebody somewhere early on decided he isn't the real deal and although he gets the odd look-in you feel they'll never really believe in him no matter what he does for his club.
  • Options
    I blame the Tories!

Seriously though, Parker and Bent have never been given a proper chance for England. For the 2nd world cup in a row Bent's the 2nd top English scorer in the Premier League but won't go to the tournament.

How come the midfields of Charlton and Sunderland can create more chances for him than England's??
  • Options
    Didn't have to rely on own goals under Labour ;-(
  • Options
    If Capello sticks to his word Bent has to go! Roon-dog, Crouchy and Defoe are all on the plane so it's a toss up between a guy who scored 25 goals and a guy who scored 5. You do the math.
  • Options
    Poor Benty. It was an absolutely cack performance today and they gave him virtually nothing to feed off. I agree that Walcott was pants. So there goes poor Darren's chance of WC 2010. Not his fault at all - gutted for him.

I think Capello will go with Defoe instead. I still can't see how Heskey is in the England squad ahead of our Darren, though.
  • Options
    I'd take Heskey over Defoe. Heskey is the only forward England have who offers a physical presence - which will come in handy against teams like Spain. I'd take Bent over Defoe as well - Defoe has been utter shite since the turn of the year.

Won't matter - Defoe is on the plane
  • Options
    Much as I love Bent I wouldn't take him if I was manager. His style doesn't really suit international football and I dont think he offers as much as the other four. I'm suprised Parker wasn't given a chance, If Barry isn't fit we are going to be seriously lacking bite in Centre mid, Carrick or Huddlestone may be defensive but we need a 'scurrier', particuarly since the climate in SA will allow high tempo games.
  • Options
    I think too many people want Benty to fail and actually do their best to make sure he does. If Capello was serious in having a good look at him he'd have got the whole game as we all know what Heskey can do, not much. And when Benty does get a chance to show what he can do we don't play to his strengths. Playing him alongside Rooney isn't going to work as both want to drop deep to get the ball and Benty wants the ball to run on to or down the channels as he isn't a back to goal type striker. Now either Capello can't work that out or he has but is just paying lip service and giving Benty a go but ensuring he fails. Benty, imo, is best in a 4-5-1 or, when Rooney has been sent off, in a 4-4-1 and he's the only one in the squad who can play that role and has pace. Not taking him is inevitable now but a big, big mistake.