Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Pell

2»

Comments

• Options
    sm said:
    Is Pell the one who was giving it bigguns' to the Covered End after scoring for Accrington (or Morcombe?) a few years ago. Seems he likes a bit unnecessary agro.
    Lucky he wasn't sent off during that game, certainly looked like he had some grievance against Charlton.

Came through our youth team and was released.
  • Options
    sm said:
    Is Pell the one who was giving it bigguns' to the Covered End after scoring for Accrington (or Morcombe?) a few years ago. Seems he likes a bit unnecessary agro.
    Lucky he wasn't sent off during that game, certainly looked like he had some grievance against Charlton.

Came through our youth team and was released.
    Indeed. Saw him play against Spurs in the FA Youth Cup. 13 years is a long time to hold a grudge though, especially as he ended up in non league because he wasn't considered good enough by Bristol Rovers and also, couple of years later, by Wimbledon themselves!
  • Options

AFC Wimbledon midfielder Harry Pell has been banned for one match for repeatedly kicking balls at MK Dons fans during the warm-up to the rivals' League Two clash earlier this month.

The 32-year-old admitted the Football Association's misconduct charge in Wimbledon's 1-0 win at Plough Lane.

Pell also received a £1,000 fine for his actions.

Both clubs have been fined for a mass confrontation between players and team members on both benches at full-time.

The home side received an £8,000 fine, which they are appealing, while the Milton Keynes club were given a fine of £2,500 for their part in the altercation on Saturday, 2 March.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68640350

• Options
    Not a good week for the family after his sister Gemma was nicked by French police for not giving her name over when asked.
    This is up there with one of the best things I’ve read on here 
  • Options
    clive said:

AFC Wimbledon midfielder Harry Pell has been banned for one match for repeatedly kicking balls at MK Dons fans during the warm-up to the rivals' League Two clash earlier this month.

The 32-year-old admitted the Football Association's misconduct charge in Wimbledon's 1-0 win at Plough Lane.

Pell also received a £1,000 fine for his actions.

Both clubs have been fined for a mass confrontation between players and team members on both benches at full-time.

The home side received an £8,000 fine, which they are appealing, while the Milton Keynes club were given a fine of £2,500 for their part in the altercation on Saturday, 2 March.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68640350

The article also quotes him:

Pell said his shots into the crowd "were not struck with power but were intended more as a playful  response to verbal abuse from some of the spectators," in a letter to the FA on 12 March.

He added that sending the ball into the stands was a "rush of blood" reaction and "on mature reflection, I should have simply ignored the shouts and got on with my warm-up."

--

It can't really be both. Seems another case of Harry Pell is a bell.

• Options
    isn't he related to Scot Parker?
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    No that’s Harry Arter, he’s his brother in law.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Rudders22 said:
    No that’s Harry Arter, he’s his brother in law.
    ah ok. i remember now. thanks for reminding me.