Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheques & A/C Payee only questions

DA9DA9
edited June 2010 in Not Sports Related
All you clever lifers out there, if a cheque is A/C Payee only, is there anyway it can be paid into someone elses account, or is it a non starter?

Also, if it's not an A/C Payee only cheque (which the majority normally are though), how would you then pay it into someone elses account?

Thanks in advance good people of CL.

Comments

• Options
    If it's ac only then it can only be presented into an account of the same name...

Non ac can be paid into any account...

Send me your bank details and sort code and I'll get it sorted for you...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]If it's ac only then it can only be presented into an account of the same name...

Non ac can be paid into any account...

Send me your bank details and sort code and I'll get it sorted for you...

Cheers

sc: 00-11-22, a/c 123456789

How do you pay a non ac into someones account?
  • Options
    they endorse it on the back to you
  • Options
    Its made out to me, but the royal bank of mum will pay the cheque into her account and give me the cash in the interim, so how do you endorse the back of a cheque to make it payable to her?

Excuse my ignorance on this, not been paid by cheque or used cheques in donkeys years.
  • Options
    A/c payee only does what it says........can only be paid into the account named on the chequed & if its crossed then you're buggered !

best thing is to ask whoever gave you the cheque to rip it up & make one payable to your mum

***simples***
  • Options
    Can I suggest NOT posting your sort code and account number on the worldwide web for all to see - there may be Nigerian fraudsters out there...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcfan[/cite]Can I suggest NOT posting your sort code and account number on the worldwide web for all to see - there may be Nigerian fraudsters out there...

If his real account number is 123456789 he is in trouble anyway ;-)
  • Options
    Yep i seen a influx of people form the fraud capital of Britain has already signed up on teh forum in the last 10 minutesat the thought of a sniff of a sort code and account number.

All with Little Lagos post Codes SE28
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    DA - I'd suggest you edit that before this fella reads it

5F5C19BB-A6ED-4F31-BE34-BA6A137274E4_extra.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]A/c payee only does what it says........can only be paid into the account named on the chequed & if its crossed then you're buggered !

best thing is to ask whoever gave you the cheque to rip it up & make one payable to your mum

***simples***
    If you know someone in the bank it can be paid into whatever account you like!
    Basically, as long as the cheque doesn't bounce & the bank gets their money, they'll credit any account (had this one for me in the past)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OK my real sort code is 00-00-00. a/c 987654321

Thanks cafcfan, I nearly got caught out there.......phew
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]OK my real sort code is 00-00-00. a/c 987654321

Thanks cafcfan, I nearly got caught out there.......phew
    Thanks for the update, friend, I've just deposited 100 million Nigerian Accers into your account.....
  • Options
    You lie - the currency of Nigeria is the Naira - you must be a scammer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcfan[/cite]Can I suggest NOT posting your sort code and account number on the worldwide web for all to see - there may be Nigerian fraudsters out there...

dear sirs, why you not trust me my friend of the lord. i am good guy and only wish help you. it is jesus who tuaght me well. ok please transfer the 450 pounds to me by western union. please my brother tell no one as is very secret. i then transfer 100 million punds to you.

god be with you friend.