Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFKA

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Whats your user target mate for this site?

Comments

• Options
    If you're talking in terms of numbers, there isn't one to be honest.

Personally, i'm really happy with the way things are ticking over at present. The forum currently has over 300 members, while the blog articles regularly get four figure readers. The forum become the most active Charlton board in less than 3 months, and to do that with no sponsor, network or commercial backing in any way was amazing, and due largely to word of mouth. I think by the end of the year the amount of members will be between 500-600.

In all honestly, the forum could of died on its arse in the first couple of weeks, and i'll always be grateful to those prepared to give it a chance and help it find its feet.

My main objective from the start was exactly this, to create a wind-up free 'sensible' forum, where people could talk Charlton without getting into slanging matches, but retain humour and non-football serious and non-serious conversations. No one wants to talk football 24 hours a day, and the adoption thread today was a great example of quite a serious subject that run for 50 posts without it ever getting silly.

Lookout's main drive i think was to introduce more innovative features to what was already on offer, and circumstances have meant we haven't really been able to push this through as he'd planned so far, but we hope to introduce a number of new features in the next six months.

If anyone has any new ideas to benefit the site etc please send either me or Lookout a whisper, or post it on the forum. Without sounding a cliche, we want the site to be what everyone could call 'their' site.
  • Options
    Think AFKA and Lookout have done a cracking job,great site lads and keep up the good work