Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can you pass the POSH test - Warning! from the Daily Mail

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]It has too many variables. If you buy wine at a restaurant it's not going to be less than a tenner.

I have been to one opera, I have occasionally eaten Humus at parties.

I know Prosecco is a wine but not much more about it than that.

I think I am non specific posh!

you are looking too deep into it. us pikeys wouldnt do that....you are posh.
  • 6 yes's for me so does that mean I cannot post on here anymore??

I Wonder if "Horse & Hound" has a forum ;-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]It's practically[u]de rigeu[/u]r for every[u]chave[/u]in christendom.
    .[/quote]

How very posh you are. "chave". Does that rhyme with "shave" or do you say "Charve" : - )[/quote]
    LOL - not too posh to make typos... maybe I need to employ a spell-check knave

I'm signing all my posts as: XX from now on, cheers Dave.

XX[/quote]

XX is OK .... but Mwaaah, Mwaaah would be ultra-posh.

I'm disappointed that no-one has attempted to compile the 13 Questions that reveal how chav (chave?) you are.

Then we could publish that in 'Horse and Hound' (whatever that is).
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]6 yes's for me so does that mean I cannot post on here anymore??

I Wonder if "Horse & Hound" has a forum ;-)

Country Life all the way for me. Laters, as you frightful lot might say.
  • said yes to wine, prosecco and hummus ... amazing, I never knew I was posh !
  • number 2 only for me so im pleased to say no :o)
  • None for me too
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Zilch for me, unless No4 also includes gambling then it's 1

Haha, exactly my thoughts. I guess Eltham isn't that posh !!
  • Answer Yes to three or more to be considered a chav

Do you watch knocked off DVD’s?

Do you make your missus clean?

Do you wear clothing brands such as Nickelson?

Do you have an interest in Football/Boxing?

Do you buy Lambrini?

Do you shop at Netto?

Do you say microwave meal instead of dinner?

Do you great people with a Glasgow kiss?

Do you have a stove?

Do you drink PG Tips?

Do you know what a Turbo Shandy is?

Do you eat curry sauce?
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]It's practicallyde rigeur for everychavein christendom.

How very posh you are. "chave". Does that rhyme with "shave" or do you say "Charve" : - )
    LOL - not too posh to make typos... maybe I need to employ a spell-check knave

I'm signing all my posts as: XX from now on, cheers Dave.

XX

XX is OK .... but Mwaaah, Mwaaah would be ultra-posh.

I'm disappointed that no-one has attempted to compile the 13 Questions that reveal how chav (chave?) you are.

Then we could publish that in 'Horse and Hound' (whatever that is).
    Too much like hard work, typing all that 'mwaaah mwaaah' stuff. Us real posh people all know what 'XX' means.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gor blimey strike a light guvnor I knows me place and I only got 1 and that's only cos I likes me bleedin' poncey earl grey tea don't I.
    Oh well, won't be changing my name to 3chaps anytime soon...
  • Ooh I'm a posh canute. 12 & 13 and the cleaner pushed me over the line (as I was too lazy to get there myself. Can't wait to tell mummy
  • edited June 2010
    A big fat 0 for me.
  • 3 - Borderline.
    Whenever I go into Waitrose I always buy cockles off the fish counter, does this mean I'm still a working class hero or Bertie Wooster slumming it?
  • [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]3 - Borderline.
    Whenever I go into Waitrose I always buy cockles off the fish counter, does this mean I'm still a working class hero or Bertie Wooster slumming it?

Sorry, you are still working class because you go in the store, posh people order on line and a little man in a van brings it to our door.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]3 - Borderline.
    Whenever I go into Waitrose I always buy cockles off the fish counter, does this mean I'm still a working class hero or Bertie Wooster slumming it?[/quote]

Sorry, you are still working class because you go in the store, posh people order on line and a little man in a van brings it to our door.[/quote]

Cor, so I am, much obliged Guv'nor :-)
  • There's nothing in there re wearing Harris Tweed!
  • The only question mark for me is the tea question. I pay attention to the tea I buy, but don't pay over the odds for it, it's not Earl Grey or anything you'd consider fancy, and I only buy it because it's the type of tea I grew up with.

Other than that, nope. :)
  • Kinhell..............FIVE!! just dont understand myself i guess.....
  • It was two, assuming hummus isn't a posher form of houmous, but is now three because I looked up prosecco.

I'm googling my way up the social classes.
  • Sponsored links:

• 5 for me
  • Only 2 would have thought it would be more. Given I'm from Kent now
  • Only got a one ........... there's me drinking real coffee, real beer, good red wine, getting invited to Art exhibition pre-views darling, and tactically voting.

And I'm not even posh enough to read the Daily Mail. Sod it, I'll just have to carry on reading the Independent.
  • None and had to look up Prosecco, Hackett and hummus (it is houmous). My house did have an Aga when we bought it but had it taken out as it took up half the kitchen, had to be on all summer for hot water, was coal fired and the coal bunkers took up a quarter of the garden(there were a lot of bunkers). If it had been in the middle of the countryside I could have understood it, but the house is only 150 yards from the centre of Romford. I think the previous owners would have answered yes to all 13 even though it was over 10 miles to the nearest Waitrose at the time. I am not a chav either as I only scored 2 on item 40.

As an aside, how can Daily Mail readers be Posh? There appears to be a contradiction; Daily Mail readers can be pretentious but never Posh as the paper is read by the toady class and not the ruling class.
  • It can be hummus or houmous.

Something about different translations from Arabic.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]It can be hummus or houmous.

Are you basing that on Bruno? Mixing up hamas with houmous. Funny stuff

Isn't hummus the type of soil?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]It can be hummus or houmous.
    [/quote]

Are you basing that on Bruno? Mixing up hamas with houmous. Funny stuff

Isn't hummus the type of soil?[/quote]

No, it's spelt in different ways.

See below for Sainsbury's spelling it in two different ways on their website

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/global_search/global_result.jsp?bmForm=global_search&GLOBAL_DATA._search_term1=hummus&GLOBAL_DATA._searchType=0&bmUID=1275819710762
  • edited June 2010
    Hummus, are big American cars!?
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks Henry all is now clear; it is Houmous when you buy it from Sainsburys and Hummus when you use it in their recipes.
  • I've got a Stanley Range - a poor mans AGA, as for the rest - NO!

Phew!