Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What a surprise ...........

Exclusive: Ron Noades interested in joining Palace consortium
Friday, 04 June 2010
By Richard Cawley

FORMER Crystal Palace chairman Ron Noades is set for a sensational return to Selhurst Park as part of the CPFC 2010 consortium.
The ex-Eagles supremo has revealed for the first time that he could be prepared to join the group - which is fronted by wealthy fans Steve Parish and Martin Long.
A mass of paperwork forced CPFC 2010 to scrap their plans to hold a press conference yesterday, at which they were expected to announce their plans for the future. They are just weeks away from completing their takeover and their official unveiling is set to be early next week.
Noades has admitted he is tempted to join the consortium once they assume control - and is even keen on a director of football role.
He said: "If I want to go and put money in I know that I can. I believe they will be seeking investors to join them once they have put their package together.
"If they need a director of football I'd be interested - making managerial appointments, finding young players and overseeing the quality of the academy, which is quite good. You can have all of the chief executives in the world but that is not what runs a football club."

Comments

• Options
    Jesus wept. Hate Palace with a passion - but can't help feeling sorry for them if this arsehole ends up anywhere near their club again.
  • Options
    whats goes around comes around....
  • Options
    ......"You can have all of the chief executives in the world but that is not what runs a football club."

He's got a point.