Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stuart White - Welling United

A few of you would remember Stuart White from back in the day at Welling.

It appears that Stuart has been killed in a road accident in South Africa ...

I remember one goal scored at Enfield when he ran the full length of the pitch, then back again to celebrate ...

Comments

• Options
    Big shame that. He was like Welling's version of Amos.

RIP.
  • Options
    That name brings back some memories. Nice lad. RIP mate.
  • Options
    That's sad news, i was a regular player in the times when i was over there every other week.
  • Options
    Very sad news.

I used to work with a good friend (also deceased now sadly) of Stuart's mother and she (knowing I was a Charlton fan) used to update me on Stuart's progress when he was a youngster at Charlton. Keith Peacock apparently rated him but others didn't so he was eventually released. I can't remember for sure at this distance in time but he may have had a spell at Gillingham (when KP was manager) before joining up with Welling.
  • Options
    I remember him, he was a part of the glory days of Robbins, Booker, Abbott, Ransom, Hone, Handford, Reynolds etc.
    Sad really that i could name virtually the entire Welling XI from those days!
    RIP.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I remember him, he was a part of the glory days of Robbins, Booker, Abbott, Ransom, Hone, Handford, Reynolds etc.
    RIP.

There's some big names there. At the time I thought that Nigel Ransom (with his Magnum PI moustache) could head the ball harder than anyone else in the world.

Very sad news about Stuart White.
  • Options
    A big part of Welling's best ever team

RIP
  • Options
    R I P Stuart.
  • Options
    It's very sad indeed.

It was during his era I remember Welling beating Dagenham (when they were just Dagenham) 6-1, wonder what happened to them.............
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I remember him, he was a part of the glory days of Robbins, Booker, Abbott, Ransom, Hone, Handford, Reynolds etc.
    RIP.[/quote]

There's some big names there. At the time I thought that Nigel Ransom (with his Magnum PI moustache) could head the ball harder than anyone else in the world.

Very sad news about Stuart White.[/quote]

Ransom did have a neck like a giraffe though, it was the whip that made the difference.

Sad news indeed about Stuart. He, along with most of that team I guess, seemed to really enjoy those times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Afternoon Delight[/cite]It's very sad indeed.

It was during his era I remember Welling beating Dagenham (when they were just Dagenham) 6-1, wonder what happened to them.............[/quote]

lol, Dagenham. Yeovil too, Wycombe were down with them at some point I think. Barnet to an extent I guess. Burton too...saw them playing at Dartford when the streaker came on. Good times.

Any recall the 6-5 game vs Met Police in the Kent Senior Cup (or whatever it was called). Never seen a game like it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]A few of you would remember Stuart White from back in the day at Welling.

It appears that Stuart has been killed in a road accident in South Africa ...

I remember one goal scored at Enfield when he ran the full length of the pitch, then back again to celebrate ...

How many press ups did that one warrant?