Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

South Africa hiding its homeless ahead of the World Cup

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127593697

Every country hosting major events wants to present its best face to the rest of the world. So this shouldn't be all that surprising. But it is an interesting "beyond the games" piece.

Comments

• Options
    I wonder where we will hide the homeless in 2012...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]I wonder where we will hide the homeless in 2012...

Charing Cross and London Bridge
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]I wonder where we will hide the homeless in 2012...

The "New" Den!
  • Options
    Blimey, I've just found a South African chap hiding behind my sofa :-)
  • Options

we have already started ;-( lots of folks being moved on all the time from the canning town and stratford areas
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

we have already started ;-( lots of folks being moved on all the time from the canning town and stratford areas

We've got two years. Why don't we find them a permanent residence instead of moving them on. Easier said than done mind you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

To be fair tho Dal you can't really compare London and Serth Athrika, that is a proper pig hole most of it and shouldn't of got the WC anyway!! You cam't give world cups to places where there is much poverty!! It is not fair!!

Also i am gonna text you re that pic of us and Mr dailly.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]I wonder where we will hide the homeless in 2012...[/quote]

East Anglia?
  • Options
    http://majorityrights.com/index.php/weblog/comments/a_genocide_in_south_africa/
  • Options
    Some excellent discourse on that thread... about 2 posts giving reasoned debate about the plight of Afrikaaners in modern South Africa... Followed by 50-odd posts from racists pricks. Couldn't you have found a better post somewhere for Christ's sake? That sort of thing is ridiculously counter-productive because it just gives credence to that prick Malema and his disgraceful rants.