Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Full Metal Jacket

Watching it now for what must be the twentieth time. Holy Dogshit, what a film

Comments

• edited June 2010
    That bit was awkward.
  • What - the rifle in the piehole? Quality scene
  • Yeah and Modine standing there thinking "OwwwwKay".

Love you long time.
  • It was shot at beckton gas works
  • Yep. Remember it well - I think a lot of the scenery was still there donkeys years afterwards. Used to be able to see when they were filming from Thamesmead
  • Gunnery Sergeant Hartman is a hero.
  • FMJ was filmed in Thamesmead?

Christ you learn somthing new everyday!!!!

Love that film
  • Tubby recruit turns around poor performance with hilarious consequences. War turns out to be horrible.
  • [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]FMJ was filmed in Thamesmead?

Love that film

No, in Becton. You could see it from Thamesmead. I was doing a course at North Thames College in Docklands around that time. It was a real waste land and public transport was terrible.

Clockwork Orange was filmed in Thamesmead
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]FMJ was filmed in Thamesmead?

Love that film[/quote]

No, in Becton. You could see it from Thamesmead. I was doing a course at North Thames College in Docklands around that time. It was a real waste land and public transport was terrible.

Clockwork Orange was filmed in Thamesmead[/quote]

Gotcha!!
  • Sponsored links:

• It's Friday (admin day) and I've only just got up : - )
  • ''I bet you could suck a golf ball through a hosepipe....''

WHAT...A...FILM!
  • My old man remembers being on the Thames, on his tug with the hueys flying out with all manner of explosions going on in the old gas works.

Every time I see the film, I find it staggering to think that Kubrick cast Michael-Hall as joker first. Would love to see his discarded screen test/rushes, just can't imagine he'd have played the role well.