Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rommedahl

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]He runs at players, beats them but his crossing isn't strong or accurate enough, same with corners - too much lost possession.

Who doesnt lose possession in our team all the time? Ambrose & Reid hardly set the world alight with their corners either. Not just Romm.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]He runs at players, beats them but his crossing isn't strong or accurate enough, same with corners - too much lost possession.[/quote]

Who doesnt lose possession in our team all the time? Ambrose & Reid hardly set the world alight with their corners either. Not just Romm.[/quote]

I started this post, not to compare him with our other midfielders but because he has come out halfway through a season and said he's off if we go down. My point was maybe if he'd done more to help us instead of being a useless f*cking bottlejob then we might not be in this position. He provides next to no assists and hasn't ever scored at the Valley. Get rid of him!
  • Options
    Apart from Bent & Carson this season they've all been w*nk, not just Rommedahl!

Has Marcus Bent ever scored at home in the league? No and he's a striker ffs!!
  • Options
    Sorry got agree 100% with Chris he is s**t s**t s**t,i think i have made my thoughts clear.
  • Options
    s**t = scot?
  • Options
    I expected Rommedahl to step up to the mark under new management(s) this season, sadly he has failed to deliver.
    But I do not think it is right to slate him, I believe he does put the effort in but is the wrong sort of player for British football - although he really should be bearing down on goal a bit more often (eg free kick and sending-off won against Villa) - he is never going to be one for putting in tackles and harrying and that should not be mistaken for lack of commitment.

What I would say about Dennis is that he should think about why we are where we are .....
    .... it is because most players have not been good enough at this level this season, only a few have been .

He is certainly in the first category and hopefully he knows that, in private at least.
  • Options
    For my tuppence worth on Rommedahl, I don't know how many of you have seen him play for Denmark but in recent times he has not really been playing as a "wide" winger for them anyway.
    He seems to have been playing a lot further forward near Tommasson and linking with the front men close to the penalty area and getting involved in lots of give and go's and putting people in.
    There has been fault on both sides but I think we have been guilty of mis-using him to some extent as an English-style winger when that is not really his strong suite, the Danes have normally played him further up as a right-sider striker in a front three.
  • Options
    I agree that he would be more effective getting infield and running on goal.
  • Options
    Last three home games ... his crossing and corners much improved... didn't score but only because Barry took him out - result red card and 3 points thank you! Carson, Reid and El K all seem to be able to find him 50 yards away and as pointed out he can hold the ball. His pace wakes the place up but he needs the distribution from the midfield or right back. I wouldn't play him every game and would mix with Thomas (from the bench) but if his crossing continues to improve - not a problem

No home goals - so what ?! - one in the last minute at Selhurst will do me.

IF we go down the whole debate may be academic since we will need to cut our cloth (and his deal is up) BUT Pardew may decide he is part of the future???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Undeserved stick?? He has got away with murder compared to most.

How anyone can stick up for Rommedhal is beyond me. He sums up the whole sorry state at the club. Overpaid, no final product, looks like he can do something but can't produce, even on a semi regular basis.

He has probably put no more than 3 good crosses in EVER (and one of them was on Saturday!)

Should've stuck to the 100m and done us all a favour.

What next?, saying Marcus Bent will come good?!!
  • Options
    FYI I met Romm about a year ago and he speaks perfect English.Also when I thanked him for the last minute goal against Palace he couldn't believe that I could remember it.He had no concept of the significance at all.This is one of the main problems with our current "foreign" squad.
    Hope he goes as he will never be any good in England IMO.
    However is a really nice guy.
  • Options
    shorely us singing'dennis in the last minute' should have give him a slight clue!
    probably too focused on the game to hear us ay?! i do like him but it just makes no sense that the strong point of his game is running with the ball at pace but he just doesnt!!!! first time he did all season against villa and he gets 1 on 1 with the keeper resulting in barry getting sent off and us winning
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]For my tuppence worth on Rommedahl, I don't know how many of you have seen him play for Denmark but in recent times he has not really been playing as a "wide" winger for them anyway.
    He seems to have been playing a lot further forward near Tommasson and linking with the front men close to the penalty area and getting involved in lots of give and go's and putting people in.
    There has been fault on both sides but I think we have been guilty of mis-using him to some extent as an English-style winger when that is not really his strong suite, the Danes have normally played him further up as a right-sider striker in a front three.

I think Ormy has got a point here.

You can't play 50 or more times for a footballing Country like Denmark and be a load of cack.

World Cup 2002, he was taking teams apart single handed with his movement and pace - and when opponents doubled up on him, it left huge gaps elsewhere which team mates exploited.

And 18 months ago, we all saw the role he played for Denmark when they beat England 4 - 1.
    He scored and laid on 2 goals. How many Charlton players have you seen do that for their Country?

I know. It was only against England.

At PSV, before he left for Charlton, every season he was an essential part of their team in European campaigns.
    He regularly played European Champions League against the best in Europe, each time PSV qualified.

So his pedigree is not in question, lily livered or not.

So the point has to be made: why is he not effective for Charlton?

And the answer has to be that Charlton have never used him correctly, never put the right kind of players around him, never given him the licence to roam and do the damage he has inflicted on international and European Champions League teams.

As far as defences are concerned, the guy's a human tin-opener, if properly supported. And he has to play further forward.
    But we expect him to be a bruising tough tackling, Lee Bowyer-type midfielder.

Poor old Dennis. He may be a bit lily livered but he's got his strengths.
    He just picked the wrong club.
  • Options
    "You can't play 50 or more times for a footballing Country like Denmark and be a load of cack"

Clearly you can!

"However is a really nice guy"

Nice guy, worng job.
  • Options
    Nicely put Oggy.

You cant win with some of our fans though, you only have to look at Kish. Runs his heart out every game, gets stuck in & all the rest of it. Mislays a few passes and he gets crucified for it. Some just expect our players to be world beaters. Too many thinking that we are actually a Premiership club maybe & havent been punching above our weight for the past 6yrs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Nicely put Oggy.

You cant win with some of our fans though, you only have to look at Kish. Runs his heart out every game, gets stuck in & all the rest of it. Mislays a few passes and he gets crucified for it. Some just expect our players to be world beaters. Too many thinking that we are actually a Premiership club maybe & havent been punching above our weight for the past 6yrs.

Top post Polo.

That said Dennis could have timed his comments better if indeed he made them.
  • Options
    You supporting a Pro Kish post Len....shock Horror.....LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]For my tuppence worth on Rommedahl, I don't know how many of you have seen him play for Denmark but in recent times he has not really been playing as a "wide" winger for them anyway.

I have always thought we should give Rommedahl the pitch and say go get 'em.

He shouln't be shouldered with tracking back. Defend from the fron by all means but leave him up.

He'll never get that in the PL.
  • Options
    All I have left to say about Rommedahl is this; every time I see him play for Charlton he is getting shoved off the ball, easily tackled by the full-back or running into blind alleys.
    In contrast, whenever I see him play for Denmark, or when he played for PSV, you rarely saw him run AT defenders with the ball, he was normally making runs behind and being put in by a clever passing midfielder.
    Maybe it would have all turned out differently if Jensen had stayed to be the main supplier?
    All I know is that Dennis will go down as the biggest disappointment I have seen at Charlton. And that includes Andy Jones!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]You supporting a Pro Kish post Len....shock Horror.....LOL

Not the Kish part particularly (although I do agree with that part) but the unrealistic attitude of the fans towards the players.

I think Dennis has been disappointing overall in the two and a half seasons he has been with us but we should be playing to his strengths and letting him get forward.

That's why I think a player like Kish is so important because he will do the unglamorous covering to enable Dennis to attack.
  • Options
    Just teasing mate, could not agree more. This season in particular we are lacking the player in the centre of the park that can unlock a defence with a killer pass & Rommedahl would be perfect at latching onto something like this.