Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World cup starts!

32 teams, starting match South Africa v Mexico

Should be good start, am i the only one sneakily trying to watch online at work think by the end of the world cup i may be sacked!

Come on England lets get behind them, prediction for this match 2-1 Mexico to win

Comments

• Options
    1-1

I am about to open a beer and settle back to watch.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]1-1

I am about to open a beer and settle back to watch.

Thats not fair!!!! alright for some :o(
  • Options
    amazing scenes an noise. Loved how they SA team came out to warm up doing a singing an dance routine. Classy. Good luck to them. Just watched some great footage in Soweto.
  • Options
    That stadium is awesome, anyone else think this. yeah the noise the whole atmosphere is excellent, lets hope this is a start of a very good world cup
  • Options
    and we're off....
  • Options
    We're can I get a vuvuzela? My neighbours would love me.
  • Options
    Is it just me, or do the cameras seem about a mile away from the pitch?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stefco[/cite]Is it just me, or do the cameras seem about a mile away from the pitch?

Dunno watching on silly computer so hard to tell

Blackheath good idea, ebay??
  • Options
    The noise is doing my head in, pointless annoying noise.

3-1 to Mexico
  • Options
    the noise is going to be hard work for next month. You have to have sound up to hear commentators but then its louder.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Im not a fan of these things, hopefully they get rid of them at some stage they will do my head in otherwise.
  • Options
    Could you imagine first game of next season and a family sitting behind you have a few vuvuzela's for their 10 year olds to toot on all game....how long before you've rammed them up their dad's arse?
  • Options
    They just prevent any real noise. People wont sing as they are blowing on those poxy things....and any singing that does happen gets drowned out. Poxy things.

Hoepfully wont hear them from any of the European or S.American fans.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]They just prevent any real noise. People wont sing as they are blowing on those poxy things....and any singing that does happen gets drowned out. Poxy things.

Hoepfully wont hear them from any of the European or S.American fans.

Yeah good point VG, lets hope they all run out of breath soon!

Need a goal to liven this game up, Mexico playing some good football though, not a fan of itv online freezes now and again and picture quality not that great anyone got any better?
  • Options
    South Africa starting to get into the game a bit more now, looks like they not too bad at passing either

i've decided im rooting for them too, as they are the hosts and underdogs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]The noise is doing my head in, pointless annoying noise

I understood SLL.....
    ;-)
  • Options
    Good effort by Me-he-co franco from about 5 yards good save should be 1 nil
  • Options
    The mexicans had better start scoring otherwise this gringo won't be happy. Money on 3-1 and 4-1.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]The mexicans had better start scoring otherwise this gringo won't be happy. Money on 3-1 and 4-1.

Good bet there in my opinion good luck

Dis-allowed goal apparentally offside although defender on the line? although my view isnt the greatest
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]The mexicans had better start scoring otherwise this gringo won't be happy. Money on 3-1 and 4-1.

Dis-allowed goal apparentally offside although defender on the line? although my view isnt the greatest

The keeper was in front of Vela, not between Vela and the line, so correctly disallowed.

Mexico just can't finish, Franco is pony! Can see it being a lot more even 2nd half now, confidence in my bet is draining!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You do Know the Offside Law ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]

You doKnowthe Offside Law ?

I do but am watching it online where quality isnt that great and its small so resolutions bit better then if big, my mistake me and person who saw couldn't see it right

South africa ended that half well, lets have a goal early in the second half to get a cracker the potentials there