Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match thread for SA v Mex?

Is it worth starting a seperate thread for each match for us to post on?

If so I'll start with SA look like rabbits in the headligths at the moment.

If not, load the torpedos...

Comments

• Options
    I was thinking that earlier, shall we have all in one or individual games people want to follow

Guessing England games complete different kettle of fish
  • Options
    Might be best to make this the official WC thread for all games? Save people having to start seperate ones for each game. Just an idea?
  • Options
    Game settled down a bit - currently conrer to Mex
  • Options
    Jeez, wasted free kick from SA dive. Got to make the most of thier opportunites.
  • Options
    Mex wasted freekick:

Think this new "lighter" ball is going to bugger-up a few freekicks....
  • Options
    African keeper in great save shock.

Lucky to be still in this one.
  • Options
    Very tidy team Mexico, easy on the eye. Although Safrica are pretty poor.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]African keeper in great save shock.

Lucky to be still in this one.

Er...African keeper in going walkabout non-shock. well played the lino!
  • Options
    Goal disallowed for offside. Good call from the lino. SA keeper got out leaving only one on the line.
  • Options
    Ok as i understand it from that offside rule...the attacker has to be level with one defender AND the goalkeeper.

Why dont the keepers then walk to the edge of the box at each corner then and just leave one defender on the line as surely then any attacker in the box would then be offside?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Ok as i understand it from that offside rule...the attacker has to be level with one defender AND the goalkeeper.

Why dont the keepers then walk to the edge of the box at each corner then and just leave one defender on the line as surely then any attacker in the box would then be offside?

Two players, generally one of them is the keeper.
  • Options
    Not if the ball is being played backwards surely? From the corner taker on the line to who ever is between him and the keeper?

Had Vela 1st scorer as well!
  • Options
    Good pressure from SA at moment. Mex keeper looks v.dodgy
  • Options
    In that case why when the oppo have a corner dont all the other ten defenders go into opponents half meaning that any attacker receiving the ball would be offside.

Am i being thick?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Not if the ball is being played backwards surely? From the corner taker on the line to who ever is between him and the keeper?

It came off a Mexican player and went forward.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Ok as i understand it from that offside rule...the attacker has to be level with one defender AND the goalkeeper.

Because it's only if a ball is played forward.

If the keeper/defending team were to do the above, you'd place the ball on the goal line of the corner quadrant and play it into the box but "backwards", away from goal line.

If that makes sense...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Not if the ball is being played backwards surely? From the corner taker on the line to who ever is between him and the keeper?

That's the point i suppose in answer to my question. The ball is always played back from a corner.
  • Options
    Because the ball is being passed "Backwards".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

Because it's only if a ball is played forward.

If the keeper/defending team were to do the above, you'd place the ball on the goal line of the corner quadrant and play it into the box but "backwards", away from goal line.

If that makes sense...

Yep that's what i thought. It's been a long week and brain isnt working!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]

It came off a Mexican player and went forward.

Sorry I meant that for Rodney.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll get my coat i think. Quite possibly the stupidest question i have publicly asked for a good couple of years!
  • Options
    Rodney, you plonker.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Rodney, you plonker.

Mais oui, mais oui.
  • Options
    Mange tout
  • Options
    edited June 2010

LOL
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]

Mais oui, mais oui.

Nice one Dave
  • Options
    Cracking goal to SA. Tight for offside.
  • Options
    Goal! 1-0 RSA!
  • Options
    Bonnet de douche..
  • Options
    Come on Mexico
  • Options
    nice goal who scored?