Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League fixtures and Carling Cup draw

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
...According to the 'rolling summer news and key dates' thread stickied at the top of the forum, the Carling Cup is drawn this Wednesday and the League fixtures are out this Thursday.

I don't feel ready for it yet, do you ?

Comments

• Options
    Yep cant wait
  • Options
    Trying hard to get motivated but i'm more interested in playing cricket at the moment.
  • Options
    Trouble with all the World Cup bollux, there's nothing to read about Charlton.
  • Options
    good cant wait to start booking away games fingers x for good summer games had enough of world cup already
  • Options
    I'm up north for the first away game of the season so I'm hoping for Sheffield Wednesday away! Can't wait for the World Cup to finish so we can get back to some proper football in the Carling Cup ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Trouble with all the World Cup bollux, there's nothing to read about Charlton.

There hasn't been anything to read about Charlton since we were in the Premiership :0 (
  • Options
    are you promoting your threads again Dan?

;o)
  • Options
    I am having enforced absence from cricket due to a nasty hand injury, so the fixture list coming out is somehting I am looking forward to in a big way as well as the draw for the cup and of course the World Cup.
  • Options
    In the Carling Cup on Wednesday, we will be drawn against one of the following:

1.Yeovil Town
    2.Leyton Orient
    3.Exeter City
    4.Notts County
    5.AFC Bournemouth
    6.Dagenham & Redbridge
    7.Gillingham
    8.Wycombe Wanderers
    9.Southend United
    10.Aldershot Town
    11.Port Vale
    12.Northampton Town
    13.Shrewsbury Town
    14.Burton Albion
    15.Hereford United
    16.Torquay United
    17.Barnet
    18.Cheltenham Town
    19.Stevenage
    20.Oxford United
  • Options
    Out of that list there are 7 grounds that i've not visited,so fingers crossed for one of them in the draw
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brutally honest, I'm not really that bothered yet! The World Cup is providing my football fix at the moment, I'll worry about Charlton once England are out!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]In the Carling Cup on Wednesday, we will be drawn against one of the following:

1.Yeovil Town
    2.Leyton Orient
    3.Exeter City
    4.Notts County
    5.AFC Bournemouth
    6.Dagenham & Redbridge
    7.Gillingham
    8.Wycombe Wanderers
    9.Southend United
    10.Aldershot Town
    11.Port Vale
    12.Northampton Town
    13.Shrewsbury Town
    14.Burton Albion
    15.Hereford United
    16.Torquay United
    17.Barnet
    18.Cheltenham Town
    19.Stevenage
    20.Oxford United

Wasn't the least bit interested but now...........
  • Options
    Oxford united i'm going for.
  • Options
    Barnet for me close and not been there before
  • Options
    no-one wants to play gillingham then? as we dont play them this season :o)
  • Options
    yeah i would be up for that as well
  • Options
    The only game I would go to is Southend or Leyton Orient away.
  • Options
    I thought Oxford originally, but fancy a trip to Northampton
  • Options
    Cobblers tel ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I'll worry about Charlton once England are out!

About 10 days then!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I'll worry about Charlton once England are out!

About 10 days then!!

That was precisely my thinking :-)
  • Options
    Could not care much about the Carling Cup unless we get a decent new away ground ie Oxford.

As for the league fixtures, cannot wait to start planning some away trips. Even though Milwall, Southend and Gills are no longer with us, there are still some tasty away games.
  • Options
    I'd take Hereford Utd out of that lot not confident we can beat the others in a cup match. Hope I am not being to confident we can beat Hereford with our cup record.
  • Options
    We didn't do too well against Hereford last season Lost 1-0 and missed a pen..dreadful game,but another ground ticked off the list
  • Options
    What is the date of the game?
  • Options
    WYCOMBE AWAY WOULD BE NICE AGAIN!!

WINK WINK!
  • Options
    I'd like Torquay. Cans on the beach before the game. WIn.
  • Options
    Gillingham or Aldershot please!

Stevenage, Burton, Southend or Cheltenham would be good as well, as long as they're away.
  • Options
    I'm with AFKA on this one. It all seems to be too early to be worrying about fixtures and cup ties. We all know that we will win the first six.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]What is the date of the game?

10th or 11th August