Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Italy v Paraguay match thread

What is Buffon wearing for heavens sake? It's South Africa not the Artic.

Comments

• Options
    A nice little 'off the elbow' white two piece with matching shoes and socks...
  • Options
    1-0 Paraguay ... C'mon

Bloody wet there
  • Options
    buffon substituted?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]buffon substituted?

Laddered his tights.
  • Options
    at least our goalkeeper is better than Paraguay's
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]at least our goalkeeper is better than Paraguay's[/quote]

Paraguay's keepers error was very David James like though.
  • Options
    Poor game world champions they did not look.
  • Options
    Thought they looked a lot better after Camoranesi came on. De Rossi looked good after he scored, Di Natale is a much better bet up front than Gilardino. Thought Pepe was pretty good in fits and starts, and the Italians always start crap in tournaments and get better. Wouldn't rule them out yet, but they are very slow at centre back and any team with pace will expose them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]the Italians always start crap in tournaments and get better.

I was in an Italian restaurant on Sunday and the owner tried to wind me up about this. Said Italy always start crap but always get to the final, and then talked about how it's OK about Green's mistake because Buffon is great. Wasn't getting any change out of me, but I found it very funny. I bet anyone he did wind up will be aiming to get back there asap for a reply. Probably a decent business plan now that I think about it.
  • Options
    I thought Italy looked very pedestrian, Paraguay were knackered in the final 30 minutes but the Italians - apart from a few long range shots - never looked like they knew how to break them down.

Santa Cruz was bloody awful when he came on, did nothing but give the ball away.

Of all the teams I have seen so far I reckon the Dutch - with Robben back on board - look the best going forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dutch looked average. Germans are the best so far.