Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robbie Earle sacked by ITV

Stan Flashman is smiling somewhere. . .

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/pressreleases/programmepressreleases/fifaworldcuptickets/default.html

Comments

• Options
    Yeah just seen this. Seems a bit harsh really. Only good thing to come of it is the fact he's a useless pundit.
  • Options
    Sat opposite him on the tube once.

HUUUUUUUUGE feet, must be size 15.

I'll leave it there.
  • Options
    You juts have to wonder how much money these people need or want. He must have earn't a decent amount as a player, has had an ongoing career as a pundit including presumably an all expense working trip to the World Cup but they still have to look to make a few quid on the side. Numpty.
  • Options
    Stupid thing to do, deserved the sack, although there are many worse pundits. You have to wonder how many tickets need to be given out to a minor pundit on Britain's second broadcaster. Multiply this out by all the media that is covering this x 32 countries and it's no mystery why it's a pain in the ass getting tickets for tournaments. It cracks me up when you hear Motty et al whining about all the corporates. I doubt there's as many of them as there are media whores, and at least they're paying.
  • Options
    What a knob
  • Options
    He'll get another job soon enough, even if it is for a for forign tv station... who knew Scott Minto was covering the World Cup for a Turkish station?!?!
  • Options
    Also he is one of our World Cup Bid Ambassadors as well....... We might as well ring FIFA now and tell them not to bother with us for 2018 !

Has the FA got any toes left to shoot off ?
  • Options
    Sounds like they were looking for an excuse to get rid
  • Options
    He BOUGHT 150 tickets from a TV company for a tournament that is low on crowds, and they were used by local models in short dresses.

Hardly the crime of the century.

I suspect FIFA are upset that their massive marketing machine has been outwitted and Robbie has paid the price.

The girls were ejected from the ground for making lots of noise - obviously noise is not the sort of thing one expects at a footy match.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valiantphil[/cite]He BOUGHT 150 tickets from a TV company for a tournament that is low on crowds, and they were used by local models in short dresses.

I suspect FIFA are upset that their massive marketing machine has been outwitted and Robbie has paid the price.

The girls were ejected from the ground for making lots of noise - obviously noise is not the sort of thing one expects at a footy match.

They were also in orange dresses with a beer's brand on them, which is why they got thrown out/refused entry. It happened at the last one when the same beer made 3000 sets of lederhosen for the Dutch fans emblazoned with the logo. I don't agree with it because you should be able to go football wearing whatever but Fifa have to protect their sponsors' exclusivity. They pay a high premium to be associated with the world cup, and that means having their logo in the ground. Why should another firm get the same for next to little cost?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]Also he is one of our World Cup Bid Ambassadors as well....... We might as well ring FIFA now and tell them not to bother with us for 2018 !

Has the FA got any toes left to shoot off ?

how on earth is he an England World cup ambassador? He played for Jamaica. Equivalent of Barnes being an ambassador for a Jamaican bid.
  • Options
    Getting nicked now...

Pointless waste of time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valiantphil[/cite]He BOUGHT 150 tickets from a TV company for a tournament that is low on crowds, and they were used by local models in short dresses.

so his salary of 150k is obviously not enough for him then that he needs to abuse the generous family and friends arrangements by selling on to agencies or marketing companies. Greedy fecker, should never work again on tv. no different from some shady MP's.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valiantphil[/cite]He BOUGHT 150 tickets from a TV company for a tournament that is low on crowds, and they were used by local models in short dresses.

The girls were ejected from the ground for making lots of noise - obviously noise is not the sort of thing one expects at a footy match.[/quote]

can i just have it put on record that if robbie earle wants to buy 150 season tickets in the upper west for next season and give them to a bunch of females models in short skirts that want to encourage me to drink beer, i wont object...
  • Options
    The TV company (ITV) happily sold him 150 tickets for "family & friends" without hesitation or question, then sacked him because his "family & friends" were all females wearing orange dresses"

Supposing 150 CAFC fans were all together at the same match with KRBS on their replica shirts, would this constitute a breach of FIFA marketing rules ?

His salary was reported as £175k a year, but i'm not aware if R.E. made much out of it ?

Has a figure been mentioned anywhere ?