Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If You Could Pick One Player.....

.....from another country at the World Cup to strengthen the England side and improve their chances of winning the tournament then who would you pick?

I have been thinking about this today and although the temptation is to pick one of Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Xavi, Kaka or Sneijder I don't think any one of those on their own would fit the English style of play.

I am split, therefore, between Torres and Drogba.

I think that, even though I loathe him, I would have to go for Drogba because he suits the English style so well and plays so well with Lampard at Chelsea.....

Who would you pick and why?

Comments

• Options
    David Villa. His goalscoring record at International level is frightening.
  • Options
    Drogba, proper English style centre forward !
  • Options
    I'd say Messi, not only cause he is the best player in the world but i just think he would fit in well. Play him and rooney up front we couldn't lose, or put him on the left would be frightning

If messi was unavailable would have to be ronaldo, these two can win games on their own and both would be main players for us maybe push us on that bit further we need

If only...
  • Options
    That Algerian keeper ;-)
  • Options
    Elano on last nights display
  • Options
    Or the N Korean No.9
  • Options
    Aside from all the obvious players, and taking into consideration we have two centre backs injured, I'd quite like to see Fabio Cannavaro at the back.

An all-action captain who gives his all.
  • Options
    Iniesta as a replacement for Jonjo ;-)
  • Options
    England desperately need a playmaker so i'd have Iniesta or Sjneider to replace Lampard or Gerrard.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Or the N Korean No.9

I have to agree. That No.9 showed more passion for the game than any of our namby pamby professionals... he worked his nuts off last night. Our players should take note.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ronaldo.
  • Options
    Would have to be a keeper- Iker Casias or Jose Reina would walk into our side and sort out all issues over who is number 1.

If not, a decent centre back who could last a whole WC, Puyol would do the job alongside John Terry.
  • Options
    Ryan Giggs we would have won the WC by now if he had chose England :-)
  • Options
    Torres or Robinho ....
  • Options
    i think messi and rooney would work well together.
  • Options
    Messi
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Ryan Giggs we would have won the WC by now if he had chose England :-)

But he is Welsh, not sure he even qualified for England. He played for England schoolboys as he went to school in England.
  • Options
    Got to be any of the top keepers, Buffon or Casillas, we havent had a decent keeper, in his prime for 10 years+

Or that Danish winger, Rommedahl, frightening pace.
  • Options
    Fabregas - as looks like he will be fresh for the new season.
  • Options
    Hate to say it but Klose for me.

Think we are really lacking a Lineker/Shearer type and he fits the bill.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was going to say Messi, but having seen the game on Saturday I'd have to go for Iniesta, we desperately need someone to conduct and set the pace from Midfield.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Ryan Giggs we would have won the WC by now if he had chose England :-)

But he is Welsh, not sure he even qualified for England. He played for England schoolboys as he went to school in England.

thats right - Giggs was born in cardiff and has welsh parents - he wouldn't have qualified for England... he was more eligible for Sierra Leone than england.