Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carling Cup - Shrewsbury away

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]looks an exact replica of Colchesters from that pic !!
    Chesterfield are going to play at a 3rd version of that ground next season. :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]so, first round exit...concentrate on the league.

I remember Hereford and i can see the same thing happening again.
  • Options
    Someone's gotta win, why can't it be us?
  • Options
    Prap's.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]What's the betting the train station is miles away.

Just checked, 2 miles.

Could always jump over the wall and flag one down?
    :-)

Anyone remember the 50 a side football match in the Gay Meadow car park back in 86?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]I've seen us at Gay Meadow so dont count this as a new ground

Since when have you been associated with anything gay (using the happy sense)
  • Options
    damn! was hoping for pompey away!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Hig[/cite]damn! was hoping for pompey away!
    Wasn't actually possible. The draw was split into north, south, and each of those seeded and unseeded. Sorted by position last season, from Portsmouth down to Brighton were southern seeded teams.
  • Options
    RU 1986
    I also remember Hereford and we won 1-0 paul williams,as for Shrewsbury was a great place to watch a football match at Gay Meadow one of the best grounds for me .Done it 3 times.Was hoping for Torquay maybe in the JPT cup.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Hig[/cite]damn! was hoping for pompey away!
    Wasn't actually possible. The draw was split into north, south, and each of those seeded and unseeded. Sorted by position last season, from Portsmouth down to Brighton were southern seeded teams.

Oh right? I didn't know about that, theres still hope, thats if they can get past the mighty stevenage. . .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]RU 1986
    I also remember Hereford and we won 1-0 paul williams,as for Shrewsbury was a great place to watch a football match at Gay Meadow one of the best grounds for me .Done it 3 times.Was hoping for Torquay maybe in the JPT cup.

Hereford last season mate we lost 1-0 was the second game of the season.
  • Options
    RU 1986
    Well i never,no kidding,thats a joke.
  • Options
    Fond memories of the Gay Meadow.

First time I went there on the Lewis's coach (must have been 1972/73, I suppose) ......... it had been a glorious sunny winter's day, and we were winning comfortably 2-0.

But with about 5 minutes left to play, thick mist rolled in from over the river and from where we were standing, you couldn't even see the halfway line. The ref did us a favour that day - the game could easily have been abandoned!
  • Options
    The match is really being hyped up here in the local papers

'Shrewsbury Town will entertain League One giants Charlton Athletic in what is sure to be a mouth-watering first round tie in the Carling Cup.

The former Premier League side will head to the Greenhous Meadow in the week beginning Monday, August 9 for the big clash'

And it will bring back happy memories for new Town manager Graham Turner – whose Hereford side actually dumped Charlton out of the competition at the same stage last season.

hmmm mouth watering i think not, but great to travel only 15 miles

Read more: http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/2010/06/16/shrews-to-face-charlton-athletic/#ixzz0r2eW1lMA
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]RU 1986

Hereford last season mate we lost 1-0 was the second game of the season.

Rupert, you are right about last season, however Mr Coaches is on about the one nil away win against Hereford in the 2nd Round of the League Cup in 1989.
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]Shrewsbury Town will entertain League One giants Charlton Athletic in what is sure to be a mouth-watering first round tie in the Carling Cup.

Hmmm ...... we are the massives of League One (with Sheffield Wednesday and Southampton, of course).
    Don't think we've had a giant play for us since Carl Leaburn, though.

Why is the New Gay Meadow called The Greenhouse, Mr Shrew ......?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]Shrewsbury Town will entertain League One giants Charlton Athletic in what is sure to be a mouth-watering first round tie in the Carling Cup.

Hmmm ...... we are the massives of League One (with Sheffield Wednesday and Southampton, of course).
    Don't think we've had a giant play for us since Carl Leaburn, though.

Why is the New Gay Meadow called The Greenhouse, Mr Shrew ......?

sponsers are Greenhous, it is just a stones throw away from Percy Throwers garden centre though
  • Options
    Ah, Percy Throwup .......gardening expert of the 1980's. Excitement of the week for dull old Daily Mail readers on a Saturday.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Ah, Percy Throwup .......gardening expert of the 1980's. Excitement of the week for dull old Daily Mail readers on a Saturday.

He's departed to the rose garden in the sky, his wife carries on the business though, better then them horrible chain garden centre's like dobies etc.

Shrewsbury is also the home to the shrewsbury flower show, very very very very dull except for the fireworks at the end, best view poinT, beer garden of The Boat Inn which is also a great place to be before the match on a sunny afternoon, great ale, great spot by the river severn.

We have also got an new awfull public art piece which looks like a cement slinky and is just waiting for some pissed charlton fans with rock climbing skills.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]We have also got an new awfull public art piece which looks like a cement slinky

.................... and is just waiting for some pissed charlton fans with rock climbing skills.

I'm sure some of our away support will be most happy to oblige.